LXIV. Reunion

(F/N) waited patiently in the living room as Rogers the Head Butler finally let her visitor in.

And it was none other than Kenny Ackerman, himself.

"Kenny?" she asked, confused as to the man's sudden visit. "What are you doing here? I thought you're on the run from Rod's men?"

But, Kenny had no time for idle chit chat.

"You,... IDIOT!" he screamed at her.

"Why did you say that?!" she was definitely taken aback by what the man had just told her.

"Why are you marrying Smith?! I thought you made yourself clear!"

"Of what?"

"And I even made sure that you and him would end up with each other!"

Him?

"I'm sorry, who?"

Kenny just clicked his tongue. A very familiar gesture.

"Forget it." he answered dejectedly. "It seems that I was wrong about you and I have made the wrong choice. No. You made the wrong choice. Guards!"

All of a sudden, several Military Police uniformed men showed up in front of them bearing guns and pointing them at Kenny. (F/N) stood up in fright.

"Whoa! What are you doing here in this household?!" (F/N) blurted out. "I thought you're not allowed here?!"

"I let them in." Kenny simply said. And to the men, he said, "I'm yours now. Take me away."

(F/N) watched in total disbelief as Kenny just let himself be manhandled and taken away forcefully from the room. She screamed and begged for them to let him go, but they would not listen. Kenny would not listen.

Helplessly, (F/N) collapsed to the sofa. She had little time to process what just happened, when, all of a sudden, Rogers announced the next visitors.

Or visitor.

"Captain Levi?" (F/N)'s eyes were wide open as she gazed at the handsome man who stood right in front of her.

And what's more, he was wearing a formal suit, coat, and even a tie.

"(F/N), I just wanted to let you know,..." Levi began as solemnly as he could.

"W-what is it?"

"I'm getting married."

"Getting married?!" as if earlier's events didn't shake her hard enough, here was the man she loved, announcing he was getting hitched. "With who - ?"

Her voice dropped to a depressing degree as a very beautiful ginger - haired woman paraded the room and joined Levi on his side. It was none other than Petra Ral, herself. And she was wearing the most beautiful white gown she had ever seen in her entire life. She linked her arm together with Levi's and smiled sweetly at her.

"I'm so happy I'm gonna marry the man of my dreams. Me!" Petra announced happily, still smiling gorgeously at her. Then, she faced Levi and kissed him on the lips. "I love you, Levi."

And to (F/N)'s horror, jealousy, and dismay, he answered, "I love you very much, Petra."

"Let's get going!" Petra sang as she dragged Levi away from the room.

And away from (F/N)'s life.

She felt her heart sink to the ground as strange, painful sensations invade her broken heart. It was not even a minute when another visitor showed itself in front of her.