LX. Sympathy

(F/N) smiled upon realizing what Levi just said to her

(F/N) smiled upon realizing what Levi just said to her. A single tear rolled down her flushed cheek as she stood up. Kenny smiled; she had made her decision.

She raised the gun, her finger on the trigger,...

... and pointed it against her head,...

Levi felt his entire world tear apart as time went sluggish in his head. His erractic heartbeat tripled as his eyes widened in fear. He saw how (F/N) pointed the gun against her head, her finger starting to pull the trigger. His body tried reacting in time as he felt a very familiar numbness overtook him as a whole. He tried to reach out his hand, hoping to reach the woman who was about to drift away from him with no chance of ever returning to his own miserable life. He called her name, and heard no sound  from his mouth. He saw her close her eyes, a forlorn, yet calm, smile showing on her beautiful face. She pulled the trigger, and a very loud sound came out of the weapon.

"(F/N)!" he called desperately.

He waited for her death, but nothing happened.

All of a sudden, the world around him went back to normal as he stared at her gunless hand. She opened her eyes and realized that the weapon somehow vanished from her hand. Both she and him became wide - eyed as their gazes drifted to where the gun was. It was on the floor just a few inches away from the wall, damaged and with a single dagger sticking out of it. They both looked at Kenny to find him also wide - eyed and still on the position where he first launched that same dagger to prevent (F/N) from killing herself. He was heaving like a madman, his eyes as bloodshot as they could ever be.

"Kenny?" both Levi and (F/N) breathlessly said.

"Alright! Alright! I've seen fuckin' ENOUGH!" He announced as he started flailing his arms in midair. "Go now! They're comin'!"

"Kenny, what is the meaning of this?!" Levi screamed, not quite believing what just happened.

"You heard me!" Kenny screamed louder than Levi. "Now, GO!" He went to where (F/N) was and lifted her by the collar and practically threw her at Levi. The dumbfounded Captain caught her, making her finally come to her senses.

"Kenny? What is - ?" she started speaking, still quite unable to believe that she was still alive.

"I know." Kenny went to where the gun and the dagger were and picked them up. He hid the gun and pointed the dagger towards Levi. "Hurt her again and I will stuff your skull with shit for sure! You mark my word!"

"Kenny! Explain this madness right now!" angrily demanded Levi.

"You heard me! I tested you and I saw enough!" Kenny practically kicked the door open. "Pick your goddang  Commander up and we'll all go out. I'll turn left and you take the opposite side. They're comin'! I know it!"

"Who's coming?" Levi asked, still not quite believing that they're out of danger.

"Rod's dogs, you idiot!" Kenny angrily screamed at him. "Now, do you want to live or not? Just tell me right now!"