LII. Captain

"Well?"

"Well?"

"Huh?"

"(F/N), the key."

"Oh! Alright, here it is,..."

Levi fought the urge to sigh and get annoyed after asking (F/N) for the third time that evening where the key to the house is.

But, then again, the girl was not to be blamed, for she had her fair share of champagne a few minutes prior.

And now, as Levi watched the girl as she rummaged through her reticule for the key, he could not help, but think: why did she let herself be this wasted?

Was it because of those heartless nobles who kept on criticizing her?

"(F/N), let me do it,..." said Levi as (F/N)'s key missed the keyhole for the fifth time. Ah, now she's getting dizzy,...

"I can do it." she drawled in a really slurred voice.

Levi raised an eyebrow. "Try saying that in the morning when you wake up."

(F/N) was about to say something when the man snatched the key away from her. Levi ignored her drunken plea as he successfully opened the door with ease.

And, as he let her enter first, a very random thought crossed his mind like a lone meteor in the night sky,...

... Kenny was trying to make (F/N) come with him,...

You're coming with me! He said.

I asked my man to look for someone, as well. He remembered the Duchess Fleminger's words to him.

Wait,...

He thought.

Was the Duchess looking for (F/N)?

Levi shrugged his head in disbelief and ignored the crazy idea that just crossed his mind. The Duchess had very few acquaintances. If there ever was, well, other nobles gossiped that they're either gone or were the King's former secret spies. Some insane ones even declared that she WAS, indeed, the King's former spy.

He could not help, but chuckle at the thought. A robust widow of four and sixty, how could someone as old and as fragile as her be a spy, let alone someone who's in everyone's conspiracy theories?

"Wait, Elvis?"

"What is it?" Levi whispered as he gently closed the door. He was just glad that Nile's family won't be home until four in the morning and that the servants were all asleep. If there's someone who's not, then, definitely, he would open the front door for them and not let (F/N) rummage drunkenly through her reticule in the first place.

"We left Erwin,..."

Ah, Erwin,...

"He's fine. Don't worry about him." he said as he lead her towards the living room.