XLVII. Rendezvous

It was the much awaited evening of the year

Naturally, all of the debutantes and their family were busy preparing for the event, including all the nobles who were also invited.

The same atmosphere could also be said to that of the Dawk and Shunerman household, despite the added tension exuding from the people within each of the estates’ walls.

For one, (F/N) was being scolded by none other than Lady Delilah. And there was approximately three hours left before the event.

“No, no, no!” the irritated lady said to (F/N)’s attendant for the evening. “How many times do I have to point myself out? This thing would not be allowed in the Reiss household!”

“But, the young lady was insisting upon wearing it.” The frightened attendant, Rosaria, squeaked. She was absolutely afraid of Delilah. Deathly afraid, if you may say so.

“Yes, I’m insisting on it.” (F/N) retorted. She was sitting in front of a large vanity mirror. She had been on her bath robes for at least an hour, unable to change into her clothes for the evening because of Erwin’s older sister. “What could go wrong?” she asked innocently.

Delilah exhaled angrily, unable to keep up with the girl’s oddity. She pinched the bridge of her pointed nose and placed an arm on her hip.

“Lady Delilah, does it say so, otherwise, on any guide books about the Winter Season?” (F/N) asked for the third time that night.

“No.” she simply answered with much gravity.

“Come on, my Lady.” The young girl told her. She was smiling up at her like nothing’s wrong. “Winter Season is all about fashion, right? Time itself could never match the pace of its changes. You told me that.”

The lady looked at her with those cold blue eyes, considering the decision she was about to make.

Am I going to regret this? She asked herself. Is she going to regret this?

“Well, then. Let’s get started.” She announced, putting a smile on both (F/N) and Rosaria’s faces. “Rosemarie was about to get finished with her preparations. We must leave at exactly ten in the evening. There’s no time left. Rosaria, make sure (F/N)’s hair is properly brushed.”

“Yes, my Lady.” The attendant answered. She removed the towel on (F/N)’s head and started going through the wet loops of locks with her comb and brush.

“Thank you, Lady Delilah.” She said with that disarming smile once more.

“What more can I say?” she uttered. "I can't change your mind, after all,..."

“Sorry?”

“Nothing.”

After thirty minutes, Rosaria was about to style (F/N)’s hair in the common Winter Season fashion when Delilah unceremoniously dismissed the girl.