LIX. Choice

YOU FUCKING BITCH!

You're worthless.

Do not show your face ever again!

You,... fucking liar!

I will never abandon you,...

"Look at you, three." Kenny drawled. "The man who sold himself and the woman he loves in exchange for knowledge. The man who drove away the woman who loves him dearly. And the woman in the middle of it all,...

... how very, very interesting,..."

Kenny observed with mild interest as the two younger men kneel on the floor before (F/N). Poor creatures who couldn't do anything against him in fear that the woman they love would be murdered if they so much as move a single toe.

(F/N), on the other hand, was as calm as the calm before a storm. Maybe she's keeping it all in?

He scratched his temple as he gazed at her.

"No complaints now, Princess?" he told her with the annoying amusement in his old, yet playful, eyes.

Slowly, (F/N) gave the man  she trusted once a look of utter disdain.

"There is no need to spill blood this time, Kenny." she said, her tone deprived of that cheerfulness it once had the last time they met. When everything was still okay.

"And why?" Kenny still asked, even though he knew the answer all along.

"The people need these men. I, on the other hand, am not needed." she simply said. "I' am,... nothing. Trash. Useless. Kill me instead." she had accepted her fate just like that.

And it didn't amuse the men even the tiniest bit.

"NO!" Levi bellowed, still on the floor and trying not to tackle Kenny. "Don't lay a single finger on her! Kill me! KILL ME INSTEAD!"

"No." argued Erwin, who was also on the floor and struggling not to do anything but speak. "It is I who started all this. If I didn't intervene with (F/N)'s life in the first place, this wouldn't have happened. A lot of people died because of me, and now I will she's going to die because of me. Kill me."

"NO! DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I SAID?!" (F/N) screamed in anger at the top of her lungs, getting tired of all the shit that's happening to her all over again. "I SAID I'M USELESS! WORTHLESS! I NEVER DID ANYTHING TO HELP HUMANITY AND I' AM A FUCKING COWARD!"

"You're not a coward, (F/N)!" Levi retorted. "Listen to me; I'm so sorry I - "

"SHUT YER FUCKIN' TRAP UP!" Kenny roared as he fired a single shot that made them all silent. He brought his gun down and inhaled sharply in a strong effort to control his temper. Then, he turned to (F/N), a vein seemingly popping angrily out of his temple. "Didn't I tell you that I didn't want to kill you?"

"Then, what madness is this?!" (F/N) screamed at him. "If you're going to kill me, just get on with it and set them free!"

All of a sudden, as Kenny was distracted with (F/N), Erwin stood up and ran towards the man to disarm him. However, Kenny's reflexes was too fast, even for a seasoned Soldier like him. In the blink of an eye, Kenny turned, pointed his gun towards Erwin, and shot him in the right arm at the exact momnet before he could be disarmed, sending blood splattering all over the floor and unto Levi, whose eyes widened with fear.

(F/N)'s fear escalated completely as Erwin fell to the ground, writhing in pain.

"Erwin!" (F/N) strained too hard to escape, but she was met with the muzzle of Kenny's gun just inches away from her face.