LXIII. Lavender

********

********

When I saw her there, I felt the whole world around me stop. It's as if the force that pulled me to the ground was suddenly taken away by her, pulling me closer and closer, to wherever she was.

I met her there at one of the Elite Nobles' gatherings. It was the first time I met her, but I honestly thought I was taken away by her with just that one look of hers.

And when I heard her speak, I knew I was taken prisoner by this enchanting creature.

Yes, this enchantress.

"Why do you always have that look?" She told me once with that precious, little voice of hers.

"I always look like this." I answered back with ferocity, not really wanting her to notice how I felt about her.

"Oh, that's weird. But, you know, I like the color of your eyes." She said, then smiled at me - that smile that instantly melted my heart - seemingly not minding my rude attitude towards her. "My name is Lavender. How about you?"

Right there, I hesitated whether I should tell her who I was, thinking that she would surely despise me because of my Ackerman lineage, but there really was something about her eyes that kept me hypnotized. And when I told her my name, I knew it deep within my heart that I will forever be her prisoner.

She smiled once more, that smile so honest, pure and innocent, that knew no hatred or animosity.

"It's nice to meet you, Kenny Ackerman."

From then on, I looked forward to these boring gatherings. And the only thing that helped me endure them was her lively personality and company.

Sometimes, we would skip meetings together to go to King Fritz's garden. Right there, we endlessly talked about silly nothings like the weather, the nobles' stupid attires, and her own stupid piano tutor who would doze off in the middle of the lesson. Heck, we even talked about her favorite character from her favorite fairy tale, (F/N) (L/N), who was a girl who can grant anyone's wishes.

"Isn't (F/N) like Freida Reiss, then?" I asked her about that one time.

"No, she doesn't have powers like the Coordinate." Lavender told me. "You see, she grants them using her own strength and dedication and love. She will do anything to protect her loved ones."