A New Path (3)

I didn't know where I was or where I was going but I needed to find out quick. I stopped at the first gas station and diner I found. After filling up I walked in to find something to eat and paid. When I got back in my car I pulled up to the side of the building and found a notebook and a pen. I started jotting down places and ideas but nothing really stuck out to me. After about an hour of thinking I decided to keep going.

When I got to Nashville it was almost ten o'clock at night. I found the nearest gas station, filled up and headed to find a hotel. The Holiday Inn was the first decent place that looked safe. I parked my car, grabbed my bag and walked in to see if there was any rooms open.

"Hello. How can I help you?" The host was dressed in a nice black pencil skirt, bright blue blouse and blue pumps.

"Hi. Umm I need a room for the night. Twin or double bed will be fine."

" I have a room with two twin beds that will come out to $260 or I have a room with one double the will come out to $275. Which one would you prefer?"

"The double would be great."

"Alright then here's your key and pool pass, there is a complementary breakfast in the morning from 7:30 to 10. I hope you enjoy your stay, and let us know what we can do to make your says more enjoy able."

"Thank you."

I made my way down the hall to find the elevator. Once in I put in my floor and waited for the ding. When the doors opened I found my self face to face with a bearded, tattooed man. He looked to be about six foot at least.

"Oh, I'm sorry Darlin', I didn't think anyone was in there."

"It's fine." I said more than a little shocked.

"At least let me carry you bag for you, its the least I could do since I ran into ya."

I let him take my bag for me but kept a hold onto my purse.

"What room are you Darlin?"

"C56"

"Thats great. I'm C54, we have joined rooms."

I offered him a small smile but didn't say anything.

"You know, I never caught your name."

"It's Charlotte Sanders, but I go by Charlie."

"Well Charlie, its nice meeting you I'm Kolby Gilbert."

It took me a minute to realize why I knew his last name, before I freaked out a little inside.

"As in Brantley Gilbert's little brother?" I asked a little shy.

"Yup that would be me." He said looking down at me with a smile. "Well Charlie this is you. I'm right next door if you need anything."

I looked up to see the silver plate that identified the room as 'C56'. "Thank you for walking me to my room and caring my bag."

"Not a problem Darlin, it was the least I could do."  He said as he walked back down the hall and to the elevators.

I walked in my room, sat my bags down and checked the beds for bed bugs. When I didn't see anything I decided to take a long hot shower. When I got out of the shower I slipped on a pair of underwear and a bright green NIKE hoodie. I padded my way to the bed and turned the TV on to Iron Wars. Putting the remote back on the night stand I noticed it was a little after eleven.

Now would be as good a time as any so I pulled out my phone and turned it back on. There was 50 missed calls and 80 texts from my mom, dad, brother and Carter. I scrolled thru the text from dad, all telling me how much trouble I will be in when I get home. Mom's texts consist of her asking me to come home, how sorry she was and that she would support me. My brother, Andrew texted me a few times telling me how stupid I was for not using protection or having sex at all. Carter was my life savor she told me she had my back and when I got settled to text her and that she would come and see me.

With tears running down my face I decided to call it a night, I would have to get up early anyways. I got up to brush my teeth, plugged my phone in and switched the channel to GAC music station.

Please vote and comment below⬇ What are your ideas on the story so far? And meeting Brantley's brother the same night she leaves home.