HE DID WHAT?!?! (20)

Charlie's P.O.V.

The following week after my court date for Buggs went by surprisingly smooth and fast. Everything was going grate until I started finding notes everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE. They were found on my car, in the mail box, and even in my work locker.

At first I thought they were from Brantley, since the it said, "you will be mine FOREVER." I brushed it of and suprised B with a little note too. He seemed to like it so I chalked it up to being him. The second was found in my work locker at the nursing home, "I will find you both, and you will regret running."

After the third note was found in my car, I told Carter what was going on. She had told me to call the police, but I was a little hesitate to. After all I needed to tell Brantley before anything else happened.

I got home an hour before Brantley so I would be able to get some things cleaned up and dinner ready. By the time I got the mashed potatoes finished and everything on the table, Brantley came walking throught the door.

"Hey babe! How was work."

"Same old, same old. Just recording today." He said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"So does that mean I get a sneak peak?"

"If you want one, I might be able to make it happen. Where is Cam?"

"Carter took her on a shopping trip."

"More clothes." He groaned.

"It's Carter...........there will be more than clothes."

We finished eating and I decided that now would be as good as time as any. When I got back from grabing the notes from up stairs, I slid the first note I found in front of him."

"Yes, and you will be mine forever too." He said with a laugh.

"No B, I found this on my car when I got back out from the grocery shopping the other day."

"And you didn't think to tell me?"

"I thoughy it was a surprise from you."

"Well it's not."

"Well jack ass, I figured that out after I got the second one."

"Let me see it."

The look on his face went from confused to pissed to deadly. I had a gut feeling of who it was, but I didn't know who was leaving them.

"When did you find this one?"

"It was in my locker when I got to work yesterday."

"Baby why didn't you say anything before? We could already be doing something to stop this"

"I don't know, I just thought they would go away."

"Well I want you to call Carter and have he bring Cam back. We can explaine everything later to her."

"Alright."

I found my phone and sent a quick text to Carter.

Charlie
             Hey, are you almost done shopping?
Carter
        Yeah, swinging by DQ, then on way
Charlie
     Oh yum get me a oreo blizzard and brantley a chocolate?
Carter
      Done and done, on way
Charlie
   Alright see you soon

Not even ten minutes after I texted her she came walking in the door with a sleeping Buggs.

"Hey, sorry we found tons of things, and the back of my car is full."

"Fun and hopefully some of those things will be going to your house, right?"

"What kind of and aunt would I be if I didn't have anything for my niece? And who said it was for your house in the first place?"

"Alright smart ass, but no I told B about the notes."

"Ohh and what did Mr.Hunk say?" She curled up like a middle schooler waiting to hear the juice.

"Well um he was a little mad that I didn't tell him sooner."

"Well that's understandable."

"Yeah I wish I would have told him when I got the first one."

My phone had light up from an unknown number. What I opened up to see made my heart sink. Attached was a picture of Carter holding Cambrie at the mall today. The caption made me want to cry and kill him at the same time, 'It would have been all to easy to take what is rightfully MINE.'

"BRANTLEY!"

"Baby what's wrong?" He asked frantically.

"I know who it is." My voice fell.

"Who?"

"It's Ryan and my mom."

"What makes you say that?"

"He just sent me a picture of Carter and Cambrie at the mall today."

"HE DID WHAT!?!"