It's A....(8)

Charlie's P.O.V.

Today was the day we would find out what the baby was. Brantley left an hour ago to go get decorations to finish setting up. We would be having the reveal party at momma Becky's house.

It was now a quarter till 9 and people would start showing up there around noon. I decided to get out of bed and get dressed in a short off white dress paired with my brown boots.

By the time I topped my look off with a nude make up look, B had came back to the house

"Hey babe, are you ready?" Making his way up the stairs.

"Yeah, let me grab my purse."

When I walked out of the bath room he was leaning on the door frame playing on his phone. The look on his face when he glanced up at me was amazement.

"You look beautiful, baby." He said taking my hand leading me out to the truck.

The ride there was quite but we were also really nervous to find out what the baby was. Pink and blue streamers lined the long drive way. The trees had pink and blue balls hanging from the branches. All of our closest friends were here to help us celebrated. Everything was perfect.

"I got something to show you inside." B said dragging me inside an towards his old bedroom.

"What is it?" I was exited as to what it was.

He opened the door and there stood my best friend Carter. I was so happy to see her that I dropped to the floor crying. While Carter and I were a crying mess on the ground, Brantley walked back down the hall with the biggest smile on his face.

"I'm so happy your here, Carter."

"I'm so happy I was able to come. And look at you! You finally have a baby bump to show off!"

We talked for another 15 minutes or so before going out to join the rest of party. Everything was set up in the back yard and Brantley was buy the fire pit with a beer in his hand, talking to a few buddies. I decided to let him have some guy time and go talk to Brittney, Haley and Caroline with of course Carter right behind me.

We were talking ideas for the baby's bed room when Miss. Becky cam out to tell us that the gender reveal part was ready. I made my way to the willow tree when Brantley laced his fingers with mine. He was grinning from ear to ear.

By the willow tree stood a table with two bandanas, a canvas the words "It's a..", written at the top, and a blacked out jar with what i'm guessing is the color of the baby.

Becky put the blindfolds over Brantley and I's eyes, before laying our hands on the table palms up. She panted our fingers and placed them on the angled canvas. After B got his fingers and right palm stamped, she made us turn around so she could paint the stem.

Once she was done she let us turn around, the moment I seen the canvas tears flowed down my cheeks. Looking over at B he had tears in his eyes. The look on his face showed that he wanted to tell everyone the news so I just nodded for him to go ahead.

"It's a...... GIRL!!" He yelled as he flipped the canvas over to show everyone. But that wasn't the only news he wanted to share and I was completely fine with him sharing. "Well as you all may know, Charlie has been living with me for three months and we have been dating for a month and a half. Well we have talked and after I convinced her to let me be Buggs legal father!" We earned a lot of whistles from the guys and screams from the girls.
_______________________________________________________________________

It was around 8 when everyone decide to head over to our house and lite the brush pile for a bonfire. I got in to the kitchen to get chips, dips and pot of BBQ little smokies started.

I grabbed a beer for B and headed out side to join them. I found him sitting in a lawn chair. I gave him is beer but when I turned around he pulled me onto his lap, resting his hands on my belly.

We were all talking about the upcoming tour when Carter asked me what I was doing for my 18th birthday in two weeks. Of course I got a look from B, for not telling him.

"Darlin, why didn't you say anythin'?"

"It's not a big deal, B. I have everything I could ever want. Look around we have people that care about us, a baby girl on the way, and I have you. Everything I could ever want I have right here."

I didn't have to say anything else before Brantley kissed me sweetly and rested his hands on my belly. "At least let me take you out to dinner?"

"Whatever you want to do, I'm ok with it."

I couldn't help but be happy for what I had in life. All I had to do was start college and get everything set up for baby Buggs.