Rain Before The Rainbow (17)

Charlie's P.O.V.

With eveything that happen last week with my mom, Momma Becky said we needed a girls day.

I was getting Cam dressed so she could go with Brantley and his best friend Eli. Brantley and Eli planed a day with all of the kiddos.

I got us both dressed and down stairs in time for my crazy best friend to come running through the front door. I gave Cam to Brantley and ran for Carter.

"You crazy hoe, why the hell are you here?" I looked at her with my arms crossed. "And why the hell didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"Well I'm here because Ms. Becky invited me and I'm sorry I figured Brantley told ya I was coming. Now where the hell is MY  beautiful niece at?"

"She's in the swin by the kitchen." Brantley spoke.

"You are just a gigantic ass." I saod pointing a finger at his chest.

"What on earth would make me an 'ass'?" Looking a little shocked.

"You didn't tell me Carter was coming." With that comment I turn and went to find Carter and Cam.

When I found them Carter had the most loving look on her face. Cam was smiling at whatever she was saying to her.

"Hey sis!" I yelled giving her a big hug.

"Hey Char."

"So how's home?"

"Well your momma told Ryan about Cam."

"Oh."

"He's going to fight for her."

"He wont get her." Brantley's strong arms wrapped around me.

"I'm sorry Brantley but Mr.Sanders is on his side. You might want to get a lawyer and Charlie I would find those pictures if I was you."

"Yeah I guess your right." I went to get the pictures.

Before I could grabe the box from under the bed, Brantley came in and shut the door.

"What pictuers was she talking about?"

"Ryan and I dated for over a year. My parents loved him, or should I say "love". He would beat me so I would listen. My mom and dad were fine with it because they believed that a women is a man's property. If a women didn't do what her man tells her to do, then they have a right to punish her how he sees fit. When I found out I was pregnant I left him. No child of mine will have an abusive father. He told me to stay countley times, but I didn't want Cam to be beaten too. I thought I would have my parents to lean on but I was wrong."

"Baby we will get him. CambrieLynn wont have to go to him. She is ours not his, but ours. Now go call Momma and see if she is ready."

"Alright Brant. You know your right she is OURs. It takes sperm to make a father, but heart to make a dad. I'm glad my baby girl has you for her dad."

I found my phone in Cam's room, which isn't a normal, and called Momma.

"Hey honey, I'm pulling in the drive way."

"Alright momma, I'm on my way out with Carter."

"Alrighty honey."

I quickly grabed my shoes, purse, phone, keys and Carter.

"Hey girls."

"Hey momma!" Carter and I both said.

"So I thought we could look at a few bridal shops for a dress today."