Understanding(18)

****Skip 3 months......Cambrie Lynn is now a little over five months.......Charlie and Brantley are going to court against Ryan for custody of Cambrie Lynn.*****

Brantley's P.O.V

"These past few months I have watched Charlie stress over evreything. But the worst part is that I'm not exaggerating. She freaked out last week because the fruits, vegetables and other foods weren't organized, in the fridge or pantry." Brantley told momma.

"Well baby, you do have to keep in mind that she is going to have to fight for Cam in a few weeks. Thats going to take a toll on her. If I were you, I would be doing all the clean up around the house and be letting her spend time with her baby."

"I know but I just don't want her freaking out on me again. I do get that she's stressed about the wedding and the court date. But I told her that we will put the weddinh off until she's ready, and the the Lawyer said that it ahouldn't be much of a fight."

"Oh my sweet baby bo. Honey when are you going to realize that just because someone said the fight will be easy, doesn't mean that she's not going to worry. Charlie is 18, she's a young mom that now has to fight for her five month old baby. She's going to freak out because she is scared. She has to face a guy that beat her and on top of that she might have to let Cambrie go with him."

"I didn't thing about that momma."

"Yeah, well baby, you just need to understand that she is going through something that no 18 year old should have to. But that girl is smart, brave and strong so there is no doubt in my mind that she will win."

"You are right momma. Well I'm going to head home and spend time with my two girls."

"Alright baby, love you and be safe."

"Love you too and I will."

I gave momma a hug and headed home. Momma really opened my eyes on what Charlie was going throught. The worst part was that I wasn't there for her. She was stressed and frustrated, but all I was doing was getting mad at her for over reacting.

I decided to swing by the store to grab snacks and a movie before heading home. Tonight I planed on watching movies and eating junk food with my fiance and daughter.

By the time I made it home it was a little after 3:30pm.

"Baby, I'm home." I hollered down the hall.

With no answer I yelled up the stairs. I stayed quiet it see if I could hear her but all I could hear was the TV upstairs. When I made it to our bedroom, I noticed Charlie talking to Cam on the balcony.

"--- isn't that right, Buggs? I'm going to fight for you. After everything that has happened you are my most favorite of them all. You and Daddy make me whole. I love you so so so much Cambrie Lynn Rain Gilbert."

She was turning to come back inside so I quickly went to the stairs and walked down mid way and walked back up. Tomake it seem as I just got home. With the grocery sacks in had I walled back to the bedroom.

"Hey babe, I'm back and I got snackes."

"Oh yeah what did you get?"

"Well I figured we could go get quick showers, cuddle up, watch movies and eat junk food."

"Thag sounds perfect. What movies are we watching?"

"Well, you get the first pick. So what are we watching?"

"Can we watch The Choice?"

"If thats what you want, then yes."

We all got showerd and cuddled into bed. Cam made it throught The Choice but before we put The Notebook in she was down for the count. Charlie on the other hand made it though The Noteboom and half of The Vow before she was out.

*****It would be really helpful for you guys to comment and tell me what you think should happen. I'm not sure where I want this story to go, so comments would be greatly appreciated.*******