Family As FAKE As Mine(15)

Charlie's P.O.V.

Its been a week since Cambrie has been home and I had a talk with B about my parents. He wasn't happy with the idea but he was willing to make an effort and honestly that's all I wanted.

I had gotten ahold of my mom to see if she would be interested in coming to meet Cam and Brantley. To my luck she agreed but she wasn't going to bring dad.

As much as I wanted my dad to meet my daughter and my fiance, I wanted to take baby steps. I was happy that this first trip would only be with mom.

The house was clean and ready for mom to make her appearance. Knowing my mother like I do there will definitely be an argument or two, while she is here today. All I am worried about is Brantley and his temper.

Cambrie has just woken up from her nap when I hears a car door shut outside. I peaked out the window to see my mother's 2017 Suburban pulled up behind Brantley's Black 2018 Ford Rapter.

Before I could make it to the bottom step Brantley had already made it to answer door. You could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

Brantley had his hand out stretched to shake my mothers, but all she did was stare at it, looking him up and down.

"Oh, Charlotte! Dear come give you mother a hug." She said with the fakest smile across her face.

"Hi, momma!" I said returning the hug. "Mom this is my fiance, Brantley. Brantley this is my mom." Jestering back and forth.

Brantley tried to shake my mothers hand for a second time only to get a scoff from my mother.

"Charlotte, honey where is my granddaughter?"

"She's upstairs in Brantley and I's room."

"She's all alone upstairs!" She yelled.

"Well no, Sy is upstairs too."

"Who is 'Sy'?"

"Sy is my Pitt Bull." Brantley cut in.

"You have a Pitt Bull in the house with my babies?!" She yelled at Brantley while running past us and up the stairs.

Brantley and I walked up the stairs to find my mother forcing Sy out of our room and into the hall way.

"Mom! Sylo can go where ever he pleases. This is his house too."

"He is a viscous dog, Charlotte. You can't have him around the baby. What is her name?" She asked looking at my smiling daughter.

"CambrieLynn Rain."

"Ugh, honey what kind of name is that?!" With a look of discussed all over her face.

"That's it mom. Brantley can you take Buggs over to Becky's?"

"Yes darlin. Call me if you need me." He said while placing a kiss on my cheek.

I helped B get all of Cam's stuff to head to Momma Becky's. When he got her situated in his truck I watched as he pulled down the dive way. When I couldn't see him anymore I turned and headed back into the house with Sylo hot on my heels.

"Oh, Charlotte I thought I raised you better than this. I mean look at you, 18 years old and a mother. Your engaged to some country hillbilly and you have a dangerous dog living in your house. Where did I mess up with you?"

"You know what mom, that 'country hillbilly' just so happens to be your future son-in-law. And as far as being a mother, well that's on of the best things that has happened to me. That dog in the other room sleeps in Cambrie's room every night, next to her crib. If I didn't trust him, he would be outside."

"Have you at least told Ryan about the baby? I mean it is his daughter after all, he deserves to know he has a kid."

"No, he doesn't know and he wont. Because that little girl isn't his, she's Brantley's. He has been here since I was two months pregnant. Ryan doesn't deserve Cambrie. He is abusive and I wont have MY daughter around that."

"If this is what you want then so be it. But just so you know we wont be your shoulder to cry on when you country boy finds someone better and doesn't want you or you little mistake  around anymore."

"You can leave and don't think you will be involved in our lives anymore. I am sick and tired of you forcing everyone to be the way you want. I thought you were here to meet your granddaughter, but I guess I was wrong." I was so mad I was seeing red.

"You think this is easy Charlotte? Having to come up with an excuse as to where you went your senior year of high school. All I ever here is 'Where is Charlotte?' and 'When are we going to see Charlotte again?' Well you know what I'm done you wanna live your hillbilly life then so be it. But all of your money will be given to Andrew."

"I don't care about the money because I have a family that loves me, and money isn't a problem. We will be just fine."

I waited for my mother to leave the property before I loaded up Sylo in my Tahoe and headed to Becky's. All I needed was my little family.