All MINE (19)

Charlie's P.O.V

I couldn't be more strung out. Today I had to fight Ryan for Cambrie. Momma B is taking Cam to her house so Brantley can go to the court house with me.

With the pictures in hand, Brantley and I left the house on a mission. That mission was to keep OUR daughter.

The whole car ride, I just sat and stared at my hands. Every worst case scenario ran through my head.

What if the judge thinks I'm lying? What if he thinks Ryan is more fit to be a parent? What if she becomes his new punching bag.......

By the time we pulled in to the courthouse, I had to compose myself.

**********************30minutes later*************************

Everyone was seated and waiting for the judge. For the last ten minutes Ryan has been staring at me. Every time I look over I get the same response, a smirk and two fingers across the throat.

"All rise." The judge walked in before and officer took his place in the center of the room. "Please welcome Judge Armonda Wine, on case number 2345783. With the defendant being Miss. Charlotte Sanders and the aggravater being Mr. Ryan Wilson."

"Mr. Wilson, it is to my understanding that you are her to get full custody of your five month old daughter, CambrieLynn Rain Gilbert. Is that corret." The judge asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"Miss. Sanders, may I ask how long Mr. Wilson has known about your daughter."

"Thanks to my mother, about a month."

"Do you have any problems with Mr.Wilson having any rights, regarding your daughter?"

"Honestley, I don't want him anywhere near my daughter."

"And why is that?"

"Well, ma'am, I don't want my daughter around domestic abuse. I don't see it as as safe place for my daughter."

"What do you mean, 'domestic abuse', Miss.Sanders?"

"Well, Mr.Wilson has a history with being an abuser. I fear for my daughters safety that she will be abused--"

"--That's a bunch of bull shit!"

"Mr. Wilson! I will have to ask you to sit and be quite. I would like to hear Miss.Sanders. Alright honey, you may finish."

"Mr.Wilson, was an abusive partner. We dated for about a year and when I found out I was pregnant with CambrieLynn, I left him."

"Can you clarify what you mean about him being an 'abusive' parter?"

"Umm....well Cam is a rape baby."

The look on her face, was not an emotion I could read. "How so?"

"I gave consent only because he said he would leave me if I didn't. I was a teenager who thought that was love. The beatings and all."

"Do you have any picture proof of the beatings?"

"Yes, ma'am I do. They're in the folder right here."

The officer came and got the folder to give to the Judge. She studied every picter for a long while before calling five minute  recess, to give the jury time to think.

Ten minutes pasted before we were called back in. The silence was not a comfortable one. You could cut the tension in the room with a saw, if that.

"The jury has come down to a conclusion regarding case number 2345783. The defendant Miss. Charlotte Sanders has won this custody battle. Mr. Ryan Wilson will be sentenced to 30 days in jail, 25 hours of anger management and a fine of $500. For aggravated battery on 18 year old Miss. Charlotte Sanders. Miss. Sanders while you are here wold you like to place any claims for child support?"

"No ma'am, I would just like my daughter."

"Alright Mr. Gilbert, Miss. Sanders, you are dismissed."

I couldn't help but feel the rush of weight being lifted off my shoulders. My baby girl was mine. All MINE, and Brantley's."

"How you feeling babe?"

"Amazing B."

"Great now let's go get our girl amd go home."

"Sounds perfect. I love you Brantley Keith Gilbert."

"And I love you, Charlotte Renee Gilbert."

"That's not my name yet, Mr. Gilbert."

"It will be soon enough Mrs. Gilbert."

***************************************************************                    Please comment and vote.