Plans (14)

Charlie's P.O.V.

Brantley and I got to bring CambrieLynn, home today. She was born a month early but was good on her charts.

Today marks five months since I've talked to my parents, brother or grandmother. When they said I threw my life away, I couldn't take it. In the week Buggs has been here, everything has been amazing.

The first night in the hospital, I had woken up to see Brantley asleep in the recliner and Buggs on his chest. The sight of that made me want to do so much. Those too are my inspiration. I not only want to do things for myself that make me a better person, I want to do things that make me a better mom and wife.

As I thought about that night, I decided to make breakfast for me and B. Nothing special just biscuits and gravy with bacon and OJ. I was putting the last bacon strip on the plate when I feel two strong arms wrap around my waist.

"Good morning sexy."

"Mornin' baby girl."

"What do you say we eat our breakfast and then we can take Cam over to your momma's?"

"I like that idea."

B gets our plates fixed while I went and got Cam and brought her down to put her in her swing.

I ate about half my plate before B cleared his through causing me to look up at him. When I did his piercing, perfect, green eyes staring right at me.

"Baby what's got ya steamin outta your ears?"

"I don't know. I was just thinking."

"Now doll, I know you were thinkin, but what about?"

"Promise you won't get mad?"

"Well, let's hear it first."

"I want to contact my family and maybe invite them to the wedding-"

"Honey, you know how I feel about them, but if this is what you want then so be it. Let's do it." Brantley interrupted.

"Well, that's not all of it. I also want to finish my high school credits and do online classes to get my CNA. Now I know Cambrie is only a week old but when she gets about six months I want to start classes."

"Baby that's an amazing idea. If that's what you want then go for it. I will support you in whatever you want to do."

"Ok, then what do you say we clean up this breakfast mess, get showers and head to momma's."

While B was finishing up his shower I got Cam dressed and her stuff ready to go.

I quickly got dressed in my favorite ripped out jeans, a black t-shirt, baby blue hoodie, and my favorite pair of boots and belt.

By the time I had made it down the stairs the sounds of my baby girl's and my soon-to-be husband's giggles filled the air.