Moments Like These (7)

Charlie's P.O.V.

Today was my second doctors appointment for the baby. I knew I was at least four months along. As I sat there in B's bed I could help but be scared for todays events. He would be going with me today so I wouldn't be alone. The fact that he was the one who asked if he could go made me happy, even tho the baby's obviously not his.

"Hey Baby girl, we gotta leave in an hour. You might wanna get dresses." B's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Imma take a shower and I'll be down." I got up and walked to the bathroom, and got in the shower.

As I was in the shower I couldn't help but think of this past month an a half and it was overall amazing. Brantley and I have gotten really close. I got a job at a local boutique selling clothes. That I happen to get a 10% discount at. It couldn't be better.

I hurried got out and quickly threw on a pair of leggings, a white and black jersey shirt and a pair of fuzzy socks. Going down stairs to get my boots I saw B in the garage tinkering on his road glide.

"Hey B, you ready?"

"Uhh yeah, I be out in a sec beautiful."

"Ok, I'll meet you in the truck." I got my purse and my phone and headed to the black ford rapter sitting in the drive way.

By the look on B's face he was nervous about something but I didn't know what. The whole way there he tapped on the stirring wheel or played with my fingers.

Once we got out he walked to the front desk and got me checked in. It didn't take but 10 minutes to get called back, but with this being B's first time coming with me he couldn't stay still.

The nurse weighted, measured and drew blood before walking out to get the doctor. After, a few minutes the doctor came in a put gel on my stomach to start the ultrasound.

"So would you like to know the sex of your baby?" The doctor said looking at the screen.

"Umm no but it would be great if you could put it in an envelope, please?" I offered him a smile before he slipped me the envelope.

"Well I will let you get cleaned up. Congratulations you two." I was so shocked by the doctors comment but before I could correct him B had told him thank you.

I got cleaned up and B walked me out the room and to the truck. I was so curious that I wanted to look in the envelope but I had already promised Miss. Becky that she could throw me a reveal party. It seemed like it was taking forever to get back to the house so I looked up from my phone to see that we had just pulled up the a lake. To the right of the lake was a beautiful white canopy, lined with blue string lights. I was it complete amazement, letting the beauty sink in.

Brantley took my hand and lead me to the canopy. We sat down and talked about anything and everthing. When it started getting dark we were on the topic of the baby. The look on his face got nervouse all over again. He opened his mouth to talk a few times before taking a deep breath and looking me in the eyes.

"Charlie can I ask you something?" The look in his eyes said that he was scared but I gave him a smile and nodded for him to continue. "I'm going to come right out and say it. When we were at the doctors....it was a little uncomfortable for me....but when we got it to the room and Buggs was on the screen....I uhh...I knew you were the only one I would what to go to an OBGYN appointment with. Charlie what I'm tring to say is would you maybe consider me being Buggs legal father? And becoming my girlfriend?"

I didn't know what to say so I just nodded my head as the tears started flowing down my face. We sat and watched the lake just holding onto one another, letting this moment soak in.

Im sorry I know its short and it took me a while to post it but I hope you enjoy it. Need ideas on what the baby shound be and how they announce it. If you have any ideas please comment below⬇ or private message me. Love you guys