·-1- The Unimaginable -1-·

I couldn't think straight. I couldn't process anything at the moment. I couldn't interpret the words my sister was trying to say to me. All I could do was stand in shock and pathetic emptiness.

"She's dead?" I managed to breathe out. I started to hyperventilate, my brain thinking about a million things all at once. Oh God, it's my fault. I let her drive in that storm. I almost didn't let her go, but my stupid fucking brain decided against it. Oh fuck, what am I to do?!

"Thomas, please-please just calm down," Mary was already choking on her sobs and Bet was bawling her eyes out, crouched weakly on the floor. Martha was trying to leave the halls with our younger siblings- Lucy, Anna, and Randolph- though they persisted and wanted to stay.

It was really hard to breathe in the hallways of the hospital. I just-just...

I started sobbing. I'm such a pathetic brother. I'm supposed to be strong for my sisters and I'm here crying in front of them. I tried to wipe away any tears that fell down my cheek with my sleeve.

I tried to gasp for air as Mary wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I should be the one to comfort my sisters. Though, I let myself grow weak and let them comfort me.

I almost couldn't believe it...

Jane was dead...