·-9-· Seized ·-9-·

"Take more tea," Laurens smiled at me earnestly, taking a sip from his cup.

"I've had none yet," I sighed in a slightly offended tone. "So I can't take more."

"You mean you can't take less," Hatter pointed out. "It's very easy to take more anything."

"Nobody asked for your opinion," I sneered, glaring at the dark-skinned man.

"Who's making personal remarks now?" Hatter gave me a smug smile. I did not know how to reply to this so I returned the clean plate on the table. He glanced down at my hands as I placed the plate back on the table. Right after I placed returned the plate on the table, Hatter grabbed my arm and yanked it towards him.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a small glare.

"That's a pretty watch," He muttered, examining my watch. "Who gave it to you?"

"Don't remember," I growled. "Now let me go."

Hatter leaned forward a little. "Is that so?" He traced the rim of my watch with his finger. "You got this when you were... fourteen correct? When your father died and you were thrown into a state of depression."

"How did you know that?" I asked.

"I know things," Hatter muttered close to my face as he let go of my arm.

Uhm... Okay? That's a little creepy. What am I talking about? He's literally called The Mad Hatter. He probably does this on a daily basis.

"You're out of your mind," I huffed, shaking my head. Hatter hummed, glancing at me.

"I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours," Hatter answered with a small roll of his eyes.

I saw Laurens crawl under the table before crawling back out again, though this time, a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

"Oh, no, no, no, no!" Hatter stood and quickly yanked the bottle from Laurens.

"This is for special occasions," He said as he threw the bottle at a tree, smashing the bottle into millions of pieces.

Laurens gasped and threw a teapot at Hatter. And as soon as I knew it, Lafayette- who was awoken by Hatter throwing a spoon at him- Laurens and Hatter were throwing things at each other from across the table.

I sighed, though gasping when I was almost hit a teacup filled to the brim with tea. Hatter even managed to pull me down before a three-tier cake got me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you guys..." I muttered as Hatter laughed hysterically.

"We're just having fun, how about you join us?" Hatter said. I felt it unusual since I felt like I've heard that from him before.

Before I could answer, Hatter shushed everyone and looked around. Laurens' ears suddenly perked up and searched the area for any noise. He held a teapot close to his chest, nodding to Hatter.

Laurens and Lafayette head toward the bushes as Hatter grabbed my arm and ran away. He led me behind one of the trees, pushing my back against it. I could feel the rough bark digging into my back, making me whisper a small Ow.

Hatter, though, hushed me, whispering 'Shut up' under his breath. I was about to make a remark though Hatter had glared at me. I know people say to not judge a book by its cover (which everyone does, mind you) or people change or whatever, but Hatter's being a real asshole. And I know he was being so "nice" (If that's what you want to call it) earlier but fuck that! You know what they say, first impressions mean everything. He might as well explain to me what the fuck is going on! I soon heard metal against the dirt accompanied by a roar and whinnies of horses, my heart stopping.

Hatter peeked around the tree, silently cursing as he covered my mouth with a bandaged hand.

I heard sniffing behind the tree and I damn near gasped if it hadn't been for Hatter's hand muffling any noises I made.

I heard a small grunt and a growl before whatever was on the other side of the tree stomped away.

"Nothing here!" I heard someone yell out before I heard soldiers walking away. For three dreadful minutes, there was quiet before Hatter slowly removed his hand and peeked around the tree once again.

I noticed how close we were, our chests practically touching. This thought made my face heat up. I don't know why...I just couldn't help it.

"Okay, they're gone," He muttered.

"Holy shit!" I whispered frantically. "What the fuck was that?"

"Red King's soldiers and a Bandersnatch."

"What the fuck is a Bandersnatch?" I whispered.

"Something that shouldn't be nettled with."

We stared at each other for awhile before I looked at a tree that suddenly became so interesting behind Hatter.

"So... uhm..." I started.

"Don't worry Thomas, I don't bite," Hatter chuckled small.

"Hold on, did you just call me... Thomas?" I asked him quietly.

"Yes. Isn't that your name?" Hatter asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It is. But everyone keeps calling me Alice ever since I arrived."

"Right well, I think it's quite rude to call someone by a different name."

"So, you're going to tell me your name?"

"I told you my name already," Hatter sighed. "It's Hatter."

"I meant your real name, idiot," I rolled my eyes. Hatter leaned in closely, narrowing his eyes. He went on his tiptoes to try to reach my height though failing.

"Look, I just saved you from being taken by the Red King so a little privacy would be nice," He growled. I shut my mouth as Hatter laughed quietly.

"Come on," Hatter grabbed my arm once again before dragging me out from behind the trees. Right as we stepped out from behind the tree, a sword pointed at Hatter's neck.

I saw Lafayette and Laurens on the ground with spears pointed at them.

"Hands where I can see them," The man who pointed the sword at Hatter spoke. He was taller than Hatter though shorter than me and looked more menacing.

He had dark skin and short hair. He wore black-ish armor with red hearts- unlike the other soldiers who wore red armor with black hearts and diamonds. He also had a red cloak with a large black heart on the back.

"Suck a dick, Eacker," Hatter growled, his grip on my arm tightening. Something that honestly hurt. I thought that if Hatter's grip gets tighter, he might end up hurting me more than any of the guards will.

Eacker gestured some of the soldiers who marched towards us. One grabbed me and raised a sword close to my neck.

"Hands, where I can see them," Eacker ordered once again. Hatter gave me a concerned look before letting go of my arm and- reluctantly- raising his hands just above his head.

One of the soldiers hit Hatter in the back of the head with the hilt of his sword. I flinched as Hatter fell to the ground, unconscious.

The soldiers pushed me to the ground, tying my hands behind my back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah I know, Hatter's a bit of a jerk...

That's great.

I kind of wanted to step out of the usual Madison where he's all shy and nice and smoland I wanted to depict him the opposite of that. Being abrasive, blunt, sarcastic and ya know... still small though. But he will become nicer towards Thomas in the coming chapters.

~Ly <3