·-4-· Down the Rabbit-Hole ·-4-·

I yelled as I fell into the darkness. Though, as I kept falling, I noticed that objects- such as books, beds, cupboards, bookshelves and even orange marmalade- littered the walls of the hole. Some objects even stuck out as I zoomed past them. Slowly, the sun was blocked from my sight.

I continued falling, down, down, down the rabbit hole I went.

I managed to twist myself around, to finally see where I was falling to. Though, the more that I thought about it, I was probably going to fall to my death. That's what happens when you're too curious. Curiosity is such a bitch!

I saw ahead of me, the hole was lit up with lights of lamps. And I wondered why there were even any objects down here.

I continued falling and at the bottom, I noticed a checkered pattern.

Yeah, this is where I'll die. Then I can see Jane and dad again...

Instinctively, I covered my face with my arms, bracing for impact. I broke through the checkered pattern- somewhat slowing down my speed- before I hit the floor with a loud THUD!

Surprisingly, I felt fine. I didn't feel any pain whatsoever. I slowly picked myself up from the floor and looked around. My dark poofy hair was upright instead of following the laws of gravity and staying down. A second later, I fell again and hit the actual floor.

Okay, that time, falling actually hurt.

I opened my eyes and sat up, though finding myself in a dress.

"What the fuck?!" I exclaimed loudly.

The dress was light blue, knee length and the sleeves stopped at the elbows with white frills at the end. Around my neck was a thin black ribbon, tied into a bow. I wore black stockings and black flats. I also wore a clean white apron, tied around my back. At the hem of the apron, was a pattern of black clubs and spades and red hearts and diamonds.

Though my original outfit was gone, I still had my watch. I sighed in relief. I was glad this didn't disappear.

I slowly picked myself up from the floor, wobbling on one foot to another due to the sudden dizziness I felt at the moment. Unexpectedly, the dress felt comfortable and didn't irritate me in any way. Are dresses supposed to be this comfortable? Or... Did I miss something?

I glanced around at my surroundings. I was in a round room, doors of all shapes, sizes, and colors on the walls and even some on the floor and roof. At the middle- close to where I was- was a three-legged table made of pure glass with nothing but a gold key on top.

Okay, this is sounding like the book I started to read to Elizabeth yesterday. I've read the story hundreds of times and if I'm correct- shouldn't there be a small bottle that says "Drink me" somewhere around here? Right, I was supposed to take the key and find that small door first.

And so I did, which much trial and error. Soon enough, I found the small wooden door behind a red curtain. The door was about fifteen inches tall and nowhere as big as me. I inserted the golden key into the keyhole and as expected, the door opened. I turned around and smiled when I saw the green bottle sitting on the table, a label tied around its neck with 'Drink me' written beautifully on the paper.

I quickly made my way to the table and settled the key on the table before uncapping the bottle and taking a small sip. It was quite delicious, actually. I expected a bitter taste or something sour but I was met with a pleasant mild, sweet taste. Soon, everything became bigger and bigger. Which meant I was growing smaller. Right when I stopped shrinking, I reached into the apron pocket to find the key. Though it wasn't there!

I glanced back up at the glass table and sat it sitting there.

Fuck, I'm so stupid! I left it there!

I growled in annoyance as I looked for a way up. Instead, what I found was a small glass casing at the foot of the table. Inside the case was a white cake with the words 'Eat me' in chocolate icing. I didn't hesitate to eat the cake. Though, it was bitter and tasted very... peculiar. I almost spit it out if it hadn't been for the thought of the key. I reluctantly swallowed and saw everything around me started shrinking. I grew so much, that my head hit the roof.

I grabbed the key and bottle, uncapping it and taking another sip. An advantage of drinking this potion of some kind was that it helped me wash down the bitter taste of the cake. I shrunk back down to being tiny and ran to the small door. I unlocked the door and twisted the knob. Opening it to the world ahead of me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Yep, I couldn't wait till Monday so I guess I'll be posting on Fridays as well :D

~Ly <3