·--26-· You'll Be Back ·-26-·

I watched from a ventilation shaft above as Angelica and Mulligan were forced to their knees in front of the throne. The King looked furious, opposed to the disappointing glare he gave us when we were caught.

"Angie, I trusted you. I trusted you enough that I made you my advisor for years even though I knew you were the heir to the White Throne," The King sighed. "And Hercules, I never thought you of all people would betray me."

He stomped his feet twice, summoning a club guard next to him.

"Off with their heads, now!" He yelled. "And let the whole town watch. I want them to know what happens when someone commits treason!" The guards dragged away Mulligan and Angelica out of the courtroom, leaving the King stressed and growling in his throne.

I quietly crawled out of the vents, back outside where Lafayette, Laurens and some pawn soldiers were waiting.

"So? Where are they going?" Lafayette asked, crossing his arms.

"No idea," I shook my head. "The King didn't say. All I know is that he's making the whole town watch."

"When is it going to happen?" Laurens asked.

"From a few minutes to a few hours," I sighed.

Lafayette perked up, looking at the soldiers "Then we have to search for them quickly." He turned to the pawn soldiers.

"They're probably in the town at the moment," Lafayette said. "When we get there, blend in with the crowd, don't let any guard see you."

We all ran to the town, immediately seeing the spade guards leading Angelica and Mulligan to the execution podium in the middle of a crowd.

Everyone was there, women, men, even the children. Club soldiers and heart knights surrounded the crowd so they couldn't escape, forcing them to watch the atrocity that was about to take place.

"Hey, who's going to execute them? The executioner is being held captive at the moment," Laurens mumbled as we hid behind a cart of hay.

"Focus, John," Lafayette hummed, scanning the area.

I watched as Angelica and Mulligan stood in front of someone.

"Good morning, Angelica, Mulligan," Eacker smiled. "Wonderful day for a public execution."

He grabbed Angelica's face, making Mulligan flinch. I swear, the man is so big, I bet he can break those ropes tying him. Like for fuck's sake, he carries a gigantic ax.

"I knew there was something about you. I knew I should've killed you all those years ago," Eacker spat. "But of course the King chose to spare you. If I killed you then and there, we would've won the war a long time ago..."

"Burn in hell!" Angelica yelled, making Eacker grab her throat instead, making Angelica gasp for air.

Mulligan was about to charge at Eacker though she gave him a reassuring look.

"Stand back," she managed to choke out.

"Thomas! Pay attention!" Lafayette hissed next to me. He had already drawn out a plan on the dirt, signaling to those who waited inside a stable behind where the execution was going to take place.

"What are we doing?" I asked in a low voice.

"Once I give the signal, we charge, that's all you need to know."

Mulligan was first, kneeling on the ground with Eacker behind him.
Eacker unsheathed his sword, bringing it up to Mulligan's neck.

"I noticed that you always counted to 10 before chopping someone's head off," Eacker asked. "Why is that?"

"Fuck off," Mulligan growled.

"Hm," Eacker shrugged. "Count to ten for me will you?"

Mulligan hesitated. "One..."

"Two."

"Three."

"Four."

"Five."

"Six."

Mulligan hesitated before continuing. "Seven-"

Before he could continue, horses ran out of the stables, one almost trampling Eacker. The horses though, ran into the crowd, making the crowd split and start running.

I guess I missed the signal because Lafayette and Laurens ran into the turmoil and cut the ropes that bound Angelica and Mulligan.

"Come on!" Laurens yelled out to me. I nodded, following them out of town, and back into the forests.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am just so stupid! Okay, so today, I went back to all the chapters starting from chapter 9 to change all the "Pheacker" to "Eacker". Because I had forgotten that Pheacker was the ship name for Phillip and Eacker...

Thank you @atomic_tangarine for pointing it out.

I also updated Chapter 17 because something went wrong with the revision history that made half of the chapter something else- I don't know what happened but it confused the hell out of me and probably you guys also >.>

Sorry about all these mistakes

~Ly <3