·-22-· Death Doesn't Discriminate, Between The Sinners And The Saints ·-22-·

We sat around the fire as the sun fell and a darkness blanketed the sky.

Hamilton was laying against Phillip away from everyone, a slightly visible bruise on the place Burr had punched him earlier. Mariah was sleeping on Peggy's lap who was asleep against one of the trees. Lafayette and Laurens laid their heads on a log, taking turns patrolling. And Madison had his head on my shoulder, sleeping soundly. I was the only one awake at the time since Laurens had fallen asleep during his shift.

I wondered if I would ever see my sisters' again. If I would ever get out of this place and return to the normal world. Anything here doesn't seem like a dream anymore. Everything felt so real, despite how illusionary everything seemed. Especially Madison.

I didn't think people with animal ears or sons being a huge monster were the most ridiculous thing here. It was the fact that someone like Madison could exist.

He's sarcastic, arrogant, blunt, aloof, obnoxious, harsh, tactless bitchy- cute, fragile, humorous, caring, courageous, exuberant, generous. So many words could describe Madison. Some negative, some positive. Regardless, he was incredible. One moment he's Hatter, then the next he becomes Madison. He's just an adventure.

I slowly wrapped my arm around his shoulder, pulling him closer. I noticed something glimmer in the shadows nearby. I stared at the direction awhile longer before Madison groaned.

"Thomas, if you leave, I swear-"

I hushed him, laughing quietly. "I won't be long, I promise."

I pulled my arm away from around his shoulder as he hummed a small response. Madison rested his head on the tree instead as I stood up and head towards the sparkling. I pushed some leaves out of the way, seeing a small path to a small clearing surrounded by trees. In the middle of the clearing, was a rose bush with white roses that seemed to be glimmering in the moonlight.

I took a closer look, seeing that these roses also had a light sheen of purple liquid on its thorns and stems.

"I advise you to not touch that," Someone warned me before I got any closer to the flowers. I turned my head to the left and saw two orbs, glowing a light blue. My eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness and saw Burr, unexpectedly with a frown.

"Wonderland's most beautiful yet deadliest flower. It could only found in the Tugley Woods," Burr explained. "Its poison is so deadly, you'd be dead in mere minutes. Though, if prepared correctly, it could be made into a type of medicine."

"Well, you know a lot about this flower," I stood, examining him as he walked closer to the bush.

"Theo loved these flowers," Burr mumbled, casting his eyes down.

"Theo?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"My daughter," Burr said. "Theodosia Burr, one of Hamilton's best generals."

"Anyway, as The Red King started attacking towns and trying to take their territory, he sent out an army with Theodosia as their commander. Though, they never came back. Another army investigated the area they were stationed in but all they found were scorch marks, dead knights- white and red alike- but no Theodosia. She was gone and Hamilton did not raise a single finger to search for her." Burr shook his head, scoffing. "I swear, his pride will be the death of us all..."

"Is that why you hate him so much?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Because he didn't do anything about your daughter?"

Burr nodded, sighing. "And then he comes out of nowhere, asking for my help, expecting something from me."

"If you believe that your daughter is still alive, why don't you go look for her?" I asked.

"I have, I've searched every room in that palace. And there's nothing. But I just know she's alive." Burr explained.

"How about you help us take down the Red King so you could ask him yourself?"

"I've observed the Red King for years, he wouldn't say shit. Or at least say bullshit." Burr frowned. "And why do you even have the Bandersnatch with you?"

"The Bandersnatch is actually Phillip's son. The Red King turned him into some sort of monster, somehow." Then something clicked. There was another beast in the room with Phillip. It was some sort of monstrous bird. "What if Theodosia isn't a human anymore?"

Burr looked at me with a confused look.

"Think about it, Phillip got turned into a Bandersnatch. What if Theodosia turned into something similar?"

Burr scoffed, shaking his head. "I doubt it, plus, if the King wanted a monster, why didn't he just pick some random person?"

"Maybe the King saw some potential in Theodosia? Or wanted someone important from Hamilton's army to somewhat weaken him?"

Burr stared at the floor, thinking. "And what if you're wrong?" He muttered.

"I know I'm not wrong. If they took Hamilton's son and somehow made him into what he is now, they could've taken Theodosia as well." I explained to Burr. He gave me a skeptical look but let me continue. "After all, if she was beheaded by the King, you would know."

Burr sighed before glancing up at me.

"Fine, but if you're wrong, I'll personally make sure the Red King has your head," Burr mumbled bitterly.

~~~~~~~~~

Eyy I'm early!

~Ly <3