·-14-· So, a Revolution? ·-14-·

A few days later, I was walking towards the throne room because I have a job to do, right? Anyway, I was walking down this long empty hall because apparently, all the guards tend to sleep in until its too late and they get yelled at or punished. But as I passed a suit of armor, someone grabs my arm and pulls me into this secret passageway or some shit.

I let out a muffled noise as someone placed a hand on my mouth. It was too dark in the narrow passage so I couldn't see anything even if they were a few inches away. Though I could tell that the man was shorter than me with broad shoulders.

"Thomas!" The man hissed. "Shut the fuck up!"

I grabbed the man's wrist pulling his hand away from my mouth.

"Hatter?" I whispered, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course it's me! Who else would pull you into a small secluded hallway in the morning?" He asked with a small scoff.

"I don't know about you, Hatter, but I'm kind of in the middle of my job?"

I literally hear the eye roll coming from Hatter as the pressure on my chest slowly lightened.

"For once, can you stop working for the King, and listen to whatever I have to say?"

"You know, I'm only working for him to stay alive! There are only two choices I can choose. It's either working as his butler or death. Apparently you chose the latter but you know, I guess saving your life wasn't really worth it."

"Keep rubbing it in my face, why don't you?" Hatter muttered bitterly. "There are more than two options!"

"Fine, what are those other options?"

"I don't know, maybe you shut the fuck up and could join our rebellion?" I could tell Hatter was glaring at me, or balling his fists in case he needs to punch me.

"Or maybe you two can stop bickering for once and hurry up! You two aren't exactly covered and anyone can easily hear your voices."

We turned our heads down the hall. It was still dark, so I could only see a dark silhouette of a man with large ears protruding from its head. Though due to the very low ceiling, his ears were bent halfway.

"Hamilton?" I asked.

"The one and only," he sighed. "Follow me."

Hatter walked after Hamilton first, me following closely behind.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"The secret tunnels leading throughout the castle. They're usually used for escape if the castle ever gets attacked and the royal family needs a way to escape," I heard Hatter explain. "Hatter luckily knew where they were." I could hear Hatter chuckle lightly.

"Shut your mouth, Hatter, I know you're going to brag in front of Alice's face."

I groaned at the name, making Hatter giggle a little louder.

We walked through the hallways for awhile longer, soon ending up in a circular room were the one hallway divided into five others.

There were others in the small area, one of them lighting a torch that was secured to the wall. I looked around the room, seeing Lafayette, Laurens, Peggy, Mariah, Hamilton and of course Hatter.

"Why are we here?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"To talk about our escape," Hatter grumbled. "We can't really talk about it out in the open dumbass. Unless getting killed is part of your agenda."

I opened my mouth to retort until Hamilton groaned, shaking his head. "Oh God, I don't want to hear it Alice. These arguments between you and Hatter are just... No- stop it."

I gave Hatter a small glare, which he replied to with a smug smile. I looked away, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Finally," Hamilton sighed. "Okay so, we're planning a revolution?"

"A revolution?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"A revolution," Hamilton confirmed. "Unless you want to be stuck in this God Forsaken place, then be my guest."

I shook my head in reply. I don't want to stay in this place. I don't want to be in this dream anymore. I want to go home to my sisters.

"Anyway, one of these pathways should lead us outside of the castle-" Hamilton groaned, due to the fact that I raised my hand in question. "What do you want, Jefferson?"

Hatter let out a small laugh as the others (except Hamilton) waited patiently.

"Why don't we just escape now? There's literally nothing stopping us to do so."

"Actually, there is," Lafayette held up a finger. "We can't leave without the Vorpal Sword."

"And what is a Vorpal Sword."

"It's a sword that used to belong to the White Queen. They say that its blade is so sharp, it can kill the Jabberwocky!" Laurens exclaimed.

"It can and it will," Hamilton says. "And that's why we can't leave without it."

"Wait- Jabberwocky? What? I can't wrap my head around all this," I pinched the bridge of my nose, sighing. "Are dreams supposed to be this complicated?"

Everyone was silent before Hatter burst into a heavy sigh, clearly echoing what everyone is thinking at the moment.

"You really an idiot..." Hatter mumbled lowly under his breath that I barely missed it.

"In case you've forgotten, I only arrived in this place a week ago." I retorted.

"Whatever," Hatter said. "But the Jabberwocky is said to be a huge monster being controlled by the Red King. And it's scales are like metal, nothing can even scrape it. Except for the Vorpal Sword of course, which is somewhere in this castle."

"Right, right, so who's finding the sword?" I asked. The plan isn't half bad to be honest. Everyone turned to me, giving me the I think you know who look.

I stepped back, my hands up in defense. "Wait, why me?"

"You're the King's favorite butler. I'm pretty sure he'll tell you where the sword is," Mariah answered, extinguishing her cigarette by pressing the tip to the stone cold wall. "So that means you're the perfect one for the job."

"Hatter and Laurens will explore these tunnels, find out which one goes where." Hamilton instructed. "Lafayette and I will be getting the key, and the twins will be figuring out what day we can escape."

"Sounds like a plan," Hatter smiled.