·-20-· Gotta Go, Gotta Get The Job Done ·-20-·

"We don't have much time!" Angelica started to unlock the cells opening them. Madison slowly stirred in my arms. He let out a yawn before sitting up.

"What's happening?" He asked drowsily. "What time is it?"

"It's time to get up and off of your asses!" Angelica opened our cell door, looking in.

I groaned, standing up and stretching.

"Oh come on, sleeping beauty!" She hissed. "We don't have much time, do you want to escape or not?!"

"And why should we trust you?" Hamilton asked. "You traitor! You say you're a sister of the White Queen but I feel like you're more on the King's side than anything. God, I hope you're satisfied!"

"I didn't tell the King anything!" Angelica said, glaring at Hamilton. "It was Pheacker! And how dare you? You may be her husband but I am her sister. If it wasn't for me, you two would never be together!"

Laurens stepped forward interrupting them two as he placed a hand on their shoulders, trying to pry them apart.

"Alright, can we just go? We exactly don't have all the time in the world right now..."

"John is right," Lafayette sighed. "Where should we go?"

"Follow me," She said bitterly to Hamilton as she turned and walked down the hallway with us close behind.

We stopped by a door, Angelica quickly unlocking it with a key.

"This is the farthest I can go. The King will start to question me. I'll buy you as much time as I can!" She said before walking the other direction. I made my way to the front, pushing the door open with my shoulder.

Right as we opened the door, a familiar man with a dark cloak stood in the way. Oh fuck... It was the executioner.

Even though we were a foot apart, it was still hard to see what was under the hood. He was like a reaper of death. When you see him, you're sure to die.

"You're out?" He asked with a familiar voice. I was about to shut the door on him though he had held the door in its place with his hand. He took out a sheathed sword from behind his cloak. He didn't unsheath the sword though I took a step back, to be sure.

"You're going to wrong way," He said unexpectedly, holding out the scabbard with the sword. "In a few minutes, the guards' break will be over and you'll be stepping into a trap filled with soldiers ready to kill."

"And how can we trust you?" Lafayette asked, raising an eyebrow at the sword.  The executioner hesitated before pulling down his hood, revealing a familiar face.

"Wait a minute..." I said. "You're the tailor!"

"Right, I am," Mulligan sighed. "Also you might want to take this." Lafayette hesitated before reaching out and taking the scabbard from Mulligan. He unsheathed the sword partly and gasped.

"How'd you manage to get this?" Lafayette asked, sheathing the vorpal sword and buckling the scabbard's belt around his waist. 

"I'm the executioner," Mulligan shrugged. "I'm magical," He joked with a small hand motion.  "But you all got to hurry up." He walked past us. "Don't fall behind."

We followed him through twists and turns, through long hallways and heavy doors. We eventually came to a dead end, Mulligan turning to us. He pulled a small stone lever before a passageway into the wall opened.

"Just through here. It will lead straight to the village. Just go through the village and you'll be out of here," Mulligan explained.

"What about you?" Laurens asked.

"Well, someone needs to take care of Angie," Mulligan shrugged with a small laugh. "See you all on the other side!" He said, stepping aside to let us through. Laurens went in first, followed by me, Hatter, Lafayette and the twins. Mulligan shut the passageway behind us, prompting us to go forward.

After minutes of just walking through a long corridor, we saw a ladder ahead. Laurens stepped up the ladder, pushing open a trapdoor above. I helped Madison climb the ladder before I climbed up myself.

"Is everyone here?" Lafayette asked as he climbed up.

Yep, seemed so. We have the twins, the dormouse, the hare, Madison...

Wait, hold on...

Where's Hamilton?!

"Uh, where's Hamilton?" I asked.

"Fuck!" Laurens slapped a hand to his forehead. "He must've gone to Phillip..."

"Should we wait for him?" Peggy asked.

"We don't really have the time..." Lafayette muttered. "Let's just hope Alex has a bright idea- that doesn't include him getting killed- that prompted him to leave us."

"I hope you're right, Frenchman," Mariah sighed. We snuck out of town, knocking out a couple of guards at the entrance. Right as we exit town, we hid behind some bushes. I sat next to Madison by a tree, examining the area.

I felt Madison take my hand in his. I gave him a confused stare until I noticed that he was just examining the cloth around my hand. Though once he finished (or I think he did) he didn't let go, which made me preen as his grip slowly grew tighter.

"Where the fuck is Hamilton?" I hissed, glancing around. "You said he had a bright idea!"

"Hey, it was just a hunch!" Lafayette shrugged. "We could always just wait for a few more minutes? Maybe he's-"

Before he could even finish his sentence, a loud roar was heard coming from town. The townspeople shrieked and stepped out of the way as a large creature with a certain someone riding on top of it plowed through town. The Bandersnatch stopped right outside the town before Hamilton hopped off it's back and looked around.

"So much for stealth!" Laurens called out, stepping out of the bushes.

"Well, dearest Laurens, I had to get out of the castle since I was being chased by many many guards!" Hamilton let out a chuckle. "But seriously, we're being chased and we need to get the fuck out of here."

"Yay," Mariah whined unenthusiastically. Peggy just nudged her, starting to run farther into the wood with the others.

"C'mon, let's go," Madison said plainly, as if he hadn't been holding my hand a couple of minutes ago. I followed him and the others through the forest.

And a part of me wanted to just, punch Madison in the face for being so damn confusing. But the other part wanted to just pull him into a hug and apologize for being an ass.

Let's just hope I don't succumb to the latter.