·-33- The Battle of Wonderland -33-·

I could see the Red King and his vast army in the distance, approaching us.

Hamilton, Eliza, Madison, Lafayette and I dismounted our horses. The army ahead of us stopped in their tracks, the Red King accompanied by Pheacker soon approaching the center of the battlefield.

"Good morning Gentlemen," We heard a voice coming from Lafayette's side. We all turned our heads to find Burr, standing by Lafayette with a sword.

"What are you doing here?" Hamilton asked.

"I'm doing this for Eliza. She at least helped me look for my daughter," Burr scoffed.

"Thank you, Mr. Burr Sir," Eliza nodded her thanks.

Hamilton and Eliza met them at the center, talking about whatever they needed to talk about.

I saw Hamilton's foot start to thump on the ground as he talked to the Red King. The Red King seemed relaxed, opposed to Hamilton's tense posture.

I heard my heart drumming in my ears as I saw the Red King's face turn into a scowl. I held in a breath as Pheacker was about to unsheathe his sword though the King had stopped him.

"Are you ready?" I heard Madison ask beside me. My grip on my sword tightened.

"No, but I've been told that all I need to do is to hold on to the sword."

"You know, if you die here, you-"

"Yeah, I know," I turned to Madison and gave him a small smile. "And if I do die, I want to say sorry. For- well- being a jerk and forgetting our promise and you and-" Madison broke into a small sob, wiping his tears away with his sleeve.

"I hate you," Madison muttered. "But promise me you'll come back."

He looked at me with glassy eyes, his sleeve wiping away remaining tears.

"I promise," I smiled, noticing Hamilton returning with a paled face. Eliza walked behind him, looking calm as ever.

"We couldn't strike a peace," Hamilton turned to me, speaking in a low tone "You have to fight the Jabberwocky,"

I nodded, making my way to the center of the battlefield. On the other side, I saw the heart knights and the spade soldiers part, revealing two Red slits glowing in the dark.

A large winged creature flew out, landing harshly in front of me with an earth-rattling roar. The creature was black, rough scales covering its body. Horns protruded from its head, a forked tongue hissing out like a snake. It has sharp claws, so sharp that it looked like it could tear through steel. It also had a long tail which slowly went side to side.

It growled at me, baring its sharp knife-like teeth. I sighed, gripping my shield tightly.

"So, we've met again," The Jabberwocky spoke.

"I don't think we've ever met," I said, unsheathing the vorpal sword.

"Not you. You're just another fool chosen by the Sword," The Jabberwocky hissed. "Another fool ready for slaughter."

I scowled, slicing off its tongue as soon as it hissed. The Jabberwocky roared, swiping its claws at me. Luckily I dodged. Unluckily, its tail tripped me from behind, landing on my back with a thud. I heard a loud clatter, looking up to see my sword on the ground a few feet away from me.  

All you need to do is hold onto the sword, tightly. Reynold's words rung in my mind before I rolled to my side, scrambling to my feet. I ran towards the sword, though I felt something grab my leg, dragging me down and pulling me away. I scratched at the ground, trying to somehow stop myself from being dragged away.

I heard a loud hiss of pain before the Jabberwocky let go of my leg. I quickly ran to the sword, picking it up. I turned to see Madison backing away from the Jabberwocky, as the two armies on each side of the battlefield started to rush towards each other.

I swung the sword against one of the Jabberwocky's wing, tearing it. The creature screeched in pain, turning to me with burning eyes.

I let out a small gasp, rolling to the side before his tail managed to crush me. I sliced his leg, purple blood splattering on the ground. I ran towards a tall stone broken building, running up the stairs. I felt the ground shake, seeing the Jabberwocky rushing towards me.

I jumped a large gap, dropping my shield. I lost my footing, almost falling down if I didn't grab onto the ledge. I threw the sword onto the stairs, pulling myself up.

I saw the Jabberwocky snap its jaws at me, barely missing my leg. I grabbed the sword, running up the stairs. The Jabberwocky met me at the top of the stairs.

It opened its mouth, firing a blast of searing plasma. I had tripped, the beam missing me. I picked myself off the floor, running under the Jabberwocky's legs.

I ran up more steps, soon reaching the very top of the building. I saw the whole battlefield, red and white soldiers clashing against one another. Faint crashes of metal were heard throughout the place. Red and white soldiers alike were dead or wounded on the ground as horses charged across the battle.

With a roar, the Jabberwocky clung to the top of the building.

It lunged at me, though I quickly clung to its neck. The Jabberwocky tried to throw me off, furiously shaking its head side to side. As it whipped its head upwards, I let go, falling downwards with my sword quickly slicing its neck.

Its headless body fell to the ground with a loud thud, its head rolling with sickening squishes.

I panted, gasping for air. I slowly made my way down the steps, almost jumping out of my skin when I caught something in the corner of my eye.

It was a man, no hair, large and with slightly dark skin. He also wore shiny armor, and a blue cape, something one of the generals in Hamilton's army would wear.

"Thank you," He gave me a bow, soon disappearing into thin air. Who was he?

~~~~~~~~~

Alright! Three more chapters and Jefferson's adventures in Wonderland will finally be over. 

And I didn't forget to update today! ^^

~Ly <3