·-5-· Curiouser and Curiouser ·-5-·

I looked around in awe as I watched the new world I was in. The sky was a bit cloudy though it was still beautiful. The door was in mid-air, stairs descending to the ground. I walked down the stairs, examining everything around me. I was still small which meant that the grass and flowers were as tall if not, taller than me.

Beautiful flowers towered over me and gave me shade as weird creatures flew around, chasing each other. Everything felt so new yet so familiar at the same time.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I heard someone mutter ahead. "FUCK!"

"Watch your language Alex," I heard someone else say with a thick French accent.

Ahead, I saw two men standing side by side. The one on the left- who I assumed was 'Alex' - was way shorter than the other man. He had black greasy shoulder-length hair that gel over his shoulders. He also had round glasses at the bridge of his nose and behind them were brown shiny eyes. He wore a green tailcoat with a light green waistcoat and light blue bow tie. He also wore dark green- almost black- trousers and shiny black shoes. There was a book tucked under his arm as he tapped his foot on the ground impatiently. The most peculiar thing about him was that he had long white bunny ears protruding from the top of his head.

"Fuck off, Laf!" He hissed as he reached into his waistcoat pocket and pulled out a golden pocket watch, glancing at it before returning it to its original place. "We're going to be late! Why did you want to go here if you just wanted to pick some flowers?"

"Ah, mon ami," The other man- which I guessed was 'Laf'-was crouched by the path, picking some tiny blue, red, yellow and purple flowers. He kind of looked like me. Though with lighter eyes, long curly hair that was pulled into a bun, and was taller by a few inches or so. But the biggest difference was the light brown mouse ears from his head and a thin tail coming from his rear. He wore a blue buttoned waistcoat over a white long-sleeved shirt. He wore light brown pants with black boots. And around his neck was a clean white cravat. Around his waist was a belt holding up a scabbard for a sword.

"Sometimes, it is best to stop and smell the flowers," Laf smiled as he finished picking flowers. He stood and glanced at me with a confused look as I walked closer.

"Ah!" He nudged Alex who crossed his arms and frowned. "Bonjour Alice! How's the dress?"

"Who the fuck is Alice and who the fuck are you?" I pointed to the both of them.

"Oh of course. Forgive me for not introducing myself," He smiled. "My name is Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette or just Lafayette. And my companion here is Alexander Hamilton."

"Laf, there's no time!" Hamilton tapped the glass of his pocket watch.

"Of course there's time!" Lafayette shrugged. "Just call him over and she'll come over to you."

Hamilton groaned exasperatedly and started banging his head on the book.

"Would you like to come with us?" Lafayette asked.

"As long as you can help me get out of here," I said as I followed the two men. They led me to a small clearing near two gigantic trees. There was a white-ish mushroom ahead with a small group of people and creatures gathered around the mushroom. Two of them were both women.

They looked alike though one had her dark hair up with a pale daffodil bow. She also wore a shirt of the same color with black overalls holding up a skirt with a bleu de France shade of blue. At the top of the skirt was a yellow blending into the blue as if it was watercolor dripping. Lastly, she wore knee-high black socks. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that she had a gold necklace around her neck with the letter P engraved beautifully on a pendant.

The other woman, however, looked more mature with a lit cigarette between her fingers and red lipstick on her lips. Her dark curly hair fell over her shoulders and covered most of the left side of her face. She wore the same bow the other woman had on the back of her hair though this time, it was a crimson. She wore a rose red dress shirt with the first few buttons unfastened, showing a glimpse of her undergarments. Her sleeves were also rolled up and black overalls held up her black trousers. She wore shiny dress shoes and around her neck was the same necklace the other woman wore, though instead of P, it was replaced with an M.

As we approached them, Lafayette called out to the two women.

"Bonjour, Peggy! Bonjour, Mariah!" He smiled at the two as Hamilton rolled his eyes.

"Oh!" Peggy practically hopped over with Mariah right behind. "How are you Laf?"

"And who are those flowers for?" Mariah asked, pointing at the flowers Lafayette held.

"These are for you two!" Lafayette handed them over.

"Aw!" Peggy cooed. "Thank you so much!"

"It is my pleasure," He took a small bow.

Mariah glanced at Hamilton and smiled.

"And how is my favorite bunny?" She asked, kissing Hamilton's cheek.

"Fine, thanks," He muttered. Mariah then glanced at me with a curious look.

"Who's the guy wearing-"

"Oh, my goodness!!" Peggy cut in with a small squeal. She took my hand and shook it with such vigor. "My name is Peggy and I'm so, so, so, so, so, so, so happy to meet you!!"

"Uhh..." I started, yanking my hand away from her. Mariah walked over and wrapped her arms around my neck and leaned forward.

"Mariah Lewis at your service," She said quietly into my ear. I gently pushed her away with an awkward laugh.

"Yeah..." I muttered.

"And who are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Eyyy, Thomas' Adventures in Wonderland finally starts!

~Ly <3