·-30- Garden Meeting -30-·

I woke up with the sky still dark outside, though the moon almost setting. I sat up, looking around.

I was still in Wonderland. Nothing has changed. I'm still going to kill the Jabberwocky, my sister is still dead, and I'm still stuck in this nightmare of a dream.

I couldn't go back to sleep, no matter how hard I try, so I decided to go to the garden.

I pulled on a white dress shirt, a purple waistcoat, a magenta tailcoat, a white bow tie and black trousers.

I walked to the garden at a fast pace. Though on the way, I bumped into someone.

"Sorry," I mumbled, noticing that it was Madison. "Why are you up this early?"

"I can ask the same about you," Madison retorted, crossing his arms. I remembered my dream I had. It was unusual to see Madison sweet and kind. Then again it was a dream, and he looked to be younger. Was Madison like that when he was younger? Sweet and Kind? If he was, what happened to make him such an ass?

"Couldn't sleep, you?"

"I told you, nightmares." Madison answered lowly, looking away. "Now if you would excuse me-"

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?"

Madison stared at me, his glare slightly softening. "I'm sure."

"You need to someone to talk to, just know I'm here-"

"Yeah, I got it. Good night." He walked by me, back towards his room. I stared at the direction, clenching my fist.

Something awful must've happened for him to be like this right? Maybe the death of a family member? Or loneliness? Or even betrayal? I shouldn't think too much of it, after all it's just Madison. I shouldn't worry much about him.

I continued toward the garden. As I entered the garden, I recognized a familiar man wearing a hat with a rather large feather sticking out.

"Reynolds?" I asked, stopping behind him as he examined flowers. "What are you doing here?"

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Jesus Fucking Christ," I sighed, shaking my head. "We've been over this." I crossed my arms. "I'm Thomas Jefferson."

"So it seems," He took a puff of his pipe. "When we first met, you seemed like an Alice to me."

"How so?" I asked.

"You tell me," Reynolds chuckled.

"I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir," I said. "Because I'm not myself you see."

"What are you talking about?" Reynolds asked. "You're more you than ever."

"I don't feel that way. Sometimes I don't even know who I am," I muttered.

"Maybe not yet. Though with the help of that Hatter fella, soon."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You haven't changed a bit," Reynolds laughed. "Ignorant as ever. You'll succeed in slaying the Jabberwocky."

"Ignorant or not, I couldn't kill that monster even if my life depended on it."

"You will, and you can. As I told you, with the help of the Hatter."

"How?"

Reynolds took another puff of his pipe, nodding. "So he hasn't told you? Figures, he's too afraid to do anything.   But haven't you noticed how confident he is all the time? Almost seems like he could take on the Jabberwocky himself, right?"

"I have, actually." I nodded slightly.

"Confident, sure. Strong not very. You have to help him as much as he needs to help you," He opened his mouth to say something, though shut it once he glanced at his watch. "It seems that I have to leave."

"What? Don't go yet! I need your help, I don't know what I need to do once I stand in front of that Jabberwocky," I sighed. Reynolds turned to me, smiling.

"I'm not going to be on the battlefield with you," Reynolds chuckled. "So I can't help you. Especially if you don't even know who you are, dimwit."

"I'm not stupid! My name is Thomas Jefferson. I live in Virginia. I have a mother named Jane Jefferson. I have a dead father named Peter Jefferson. I have nine siblings, three of them dead, and one of them with a mental illness. I'm 22 years old, I'm a law student- should I continue? Because I'm pretty sure I know who I am."

"You only describe your life from the outside," Reynolds shook his head lightly. "As if you were someone else."

Reynolds sighed. "Here, just remember this. Listen to your heart. The vorpal sword knows what it wants. All you need to do is hold onto it. Tightly. Don't deny anything that you know is true. Farewell, Thomas. And good luck."

I blinked and he was gone. Like smoke.

I searched the garden but to no avail. I sighed, glancing at my watch.

It was very early.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, the story is almost done, just five more chapters and bam, it's done!

And I updated early today!! :D

~Ly <3