·-31- Our Story Of Tonight -31-·

I wondered why Madison was up earlier. As he said, it might be nightmares. But something must be causing it, right? He might not be telling the whole truth.

I shouldn't be sticking my nose where it doesn't belong but when I find myself opening the door to Madison's room, I couldn't help it.

There were strips and rolls of cloth everywhere. The desk was messy, littered with needles, threads, feathers, jewels and other objects. There were also drawings of hats scattered all over the floor, some (or most, by the looks of it) were crumpled or torn to pieces.

There were a few mannequin heads on the table, beautiful hats on their heads. There were also numerous scissors on the floor, all neatly arranged into a small circle.

And across the floor were jewels or pins arranged into diamonds or some flower pattern. The bed was fairly clean, the blanket being the only thing that seemed to be touched.

"You could've knocked," I jumped at the voice behind me, seeing Madison. He held more rolls of cloth and satin in his hands, rolling his eyes at the sight of me.

"But how would you answer? You weren't here." Madison entered his room, dropping the materials to his feet and making his way to his desk.

"That's the point," Madison cleared his desk (his technique being the "sweeping everything off the table") and picking up some papers from the floor. "I don't answer and you go back to your room, and mind your own damn business." He turned to me with a frown. "Sound good?"

"Well, uh-" I started. "I guess I just wanted to say sorry for- ya know-"
Madison stopped, though his back was still turned to me.

"For what?"

"For being an ass I guess, when we first met, I made a bitchy comment. It was a great first impression, right?" I let out a breathy laugh.

"Oh," Madison said. "Is that all?"

"No, actually, I'm just worried about you."

"Me?" Madison asked, finally turning to me. He leaned against the desk, crossing his arms. "Why me?"

"Because of your nightmares, of course." Then I smiled, taking another look around the room. "But now, I'm also worried that you may not have been getting much sleep."

Madison turned back around with a scoff. "I can take care of myself, thanks."

"Damn, is this how you treat all your friends?"

"No, I actually do care about my friends. You on the other hand is just a tick in my hair all day long."

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked suddenly. "Did I do anything wrong to make me your lifelong enemy? I admit that I was an asshole when we first met but that was only once. When you patched up my hand, I thought you would be a little bit more open. Or nicer to say the least. But all it seemed to do was make your attitude more shit."

Madison stormed to me, his eyes glossy and framed with fury. He stuck a finger in front of my face, wet streams soon flowing down his cheeks.

"You- You asshole! I've waited for you for all these years, hoping that maybe one day, you'll return and you'll remember me! I hoped and you promised to always remember me, I thought I meant something to you, I thought you would keep your promise." Madison took a step back, trying to feverishly wipe away his tears with his sleeve. "I thought you'd be different." His voice soon fell into a small hushed tone. He looked away, trying to hug himself. "I guess thought many things about you. None of them appear to be true."

"I- I don't understand."

"Just get out Thomas. You have to kill a Jabberwocky tomorrow," Madison let out a sigh, drying his face with his sleeves. "Good night."

"Wait- Hold on-" I grabbed Madison's shoulders, shaking him a little. "Promise? What promise? I don't understand what you're saying-"

"Forever and fucking always!" Madison yelled, pushing me away. "Do you remember those words? I wouldn't be surprised if you don't fucking remember that."

I stood there dumbfounded, my hands soon unbuckling my watch. I flipped it to its back, reading the words.

"Forever and Always," I mumbled.

"Oh, good, you remembered," Madison sneered. He soon started pushing me out the door.

"Madison, I'm sorry-"

"I said, Good Night!" He yelled, slamming the door in my face. My hand tightened on the watch, so tightly that it might break.

I remember now.

~~~~~~~~
Holy HecC- #15 on the Alice In wonderland au? Wow-
I never expected to be ranked in anything to be honest >.>

Thank you all for the support you have given this story!! ^^

~Ly<3