·-8-· A Mad Tea Party ·-8-·

"Twinkle, twinkle little bat!"

I heard singing coming from behind the trees.

"How I wonder where you're at!"

The fucking cat left me in the middle of that forest, so I just followed the dirt path leading to the March Hare's house until I heard the singing.

"Up above the world, you fly, like a tea tray in the sky!"

I peeked behind the trees to find a table set out under a tree in front of a house. The table was a long one, covered with a white cloth with numerous desserts, plates, cups, utensils, and teapots on top. The man sitting at the head of the table laughed and poured some steaming tea into his cup.

"It seems we have another guest!" He slammed his hands on the table, pushing the chair back as he stood abruptly.

"Nonononono!" Another man sat to the left of the head of the table. "No room! No room! There's no room for another guest!" He cried. I furrowed my eyebrows. What did he mean by no room? There's literally three of them sitting on one side of a long table.

The man at the head of the table glanced over to my direction and smiled. "No need to be afraid, come on out. We'll make tea for you! Delicious tea! Cold tea! Sour tea! Anything kind of tea you want!"

I slowly walked out from behind the tree and slowly approached the three men. Apparently, I was taking too long since the man who sat at the head of the table walked over, grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the table. He placed a chair next to his before returning to his seat. I reluctantly took a seat before glancing around the table. One who sat in between the other two, I noticed, was Lafayette who was sleeping on the table, using an unfrosted cake as a pillow.

"Ah!" The man who sat across from Lafayette yelled. "The Red King's guards are here!"

The man had dark curly hair pulled into a ponytail and secured with a teal ribbon. His face was speckled with freckles as his hazel eyes practically screamed 'insane'. On his head was two long ears, similar to Hamilton's though it was larger and was tan. He wore a white dress shirt, the sleeves rolled up mid-way. He had a loose black tie and a black waistcoat with flowers of all colors sat in his right breast pocket. He wore black trousers and shiny black shoes. He also had a watch on his left wrist and upon closer inspection, you'll notice that it wasn't working at all.

"They'll only take you, considering how mad you are, you rat!" The man at the head of the table laughed. He glanced at me and we stared at each other for a moment.

His skin was dark and his dark eyes shined with such curiosity. He wore a black tailcoat, black trousers, and shoes. Lace ruffles appeared at his wrists. Though these colors were a bit monochrome, it was a huge contrast to his colorful bowtie and waistcoat. His waistcoat and the collar- which was turned upright- was a variety of purples and blue all blended together. His bow tie, however, was probably the most colorful. It was like the waistcoat, though much bluer and with specks of red, orange, yellow, green, pink and even white. As if it was splattered with paint. Out of his coat pockets, stuck out strips of cloth in shades of pink, red and green.

The most extraordinary thing about him was just above his short dark puffy hair. There was a tall black top hat with a navy blue cloth wrapped securely around the base and fell from the brim. Behind the hat was feathers stuck behind the cloth. Two feathers- the bigger one a magenta and the smaller one a sea green- was stuck into where the cloth fell and rested on the man's shoulder. In front of the hat was a label that said 10/6 and right next to it was a needle and an Ace of Spades card.

"Rat?!" The man who I presume is the March Hare exclaimed. "I am not a rat! He's a rat!" He reached over the table and pushed Lafayette's face into the cake, putting crumbs into his hair.

"Oh shush, you!" The other threw a plum tart at the March Hare and chuckled. "We have a guest over, behave." He glanced at me again. This man was the one who I found most familiar between everyone I met today. There was just something about him that I found very familiar. Was it the hat? Was it the hair? I absolutely don't know...

"Take a seat, Thomas," He placed a strawberry tart on a plate.

"I'm already sitting but whatever." I sighed, shaking my head. I glanced at him with a confused look. "Wait, you know who I am?"

"Of course I do!" He exclaimed. "Everyone's called you Alice."

"Alice, Alice, Alice!" The March Hare sang. "I'm John Laurens."

"And I'm The Hatter," The man next to me handed me the plate with a strawberry tart on it with a small hum.

"Everyone has a name. Why don't you?" I asked, taking the plate from him.

"You are most peculiar, Thomas." Hatter laughed. "I do have a name and It's Hatter."

"No, I meant that the March Hare doesn't go with March Hare. He goes with John Laurens-"

"Yeah! That's me!" Laurens called out, raising a teacup in the air.

"-And the Dormouse goes with Lafayette, not dormouse." I continued.

"Hm, that's peculiar indeed! Most bizarre!" Hatter gave me a smile. "But let me ask you this, Thomas. Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

I remember that question. In the book, the Mad Hatter asks Alice that question and they have a whole pointless conversation about it.

"I don't know..." I shrugged, taking a bite out of the tart. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea," Hatter giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eyy, Spring break is here!

To celebrate, I will be posting every day during Spring Break except for weekends! Which means 5 chapters will but published this week instead of 3.

~Ly <3