Chapter Nineteen

FYI: New cast member, so check it out at the end of the chapter!  Sorry, but I'm not making a slidshow so you'll have to look her up yourself.  Don't forget to watch the video!  The entire thing!  I can't tell you why I put that there until the end of the chapter.  So read on!

I was lying on top of Mitch in a state of bliss and contentment.  What we had just done…was exhausting to say the least.  I smiled at the thought of it.   Now we were just kind of lounging around on my bed.  He was playing with my hair while I rested my head on his chest. 

“Anna Lee Collins, you drive me insane,” Mitch murmured as he ducked his head down and kissed me.  My lips responded immediately, but I detected a faint noise from far away.  I pulled back and got up, running over to my dresser to put on a huge shirt and some underwear.  I listened as the sound got a little louder and made my way to the window.  I saw Alec’s truck and Jordan’s motorcycle coming down the driveway and I froze.  Mitch could already sense something was wrong and he jumped up and looking, swearing when he saw the scene. 

“Hurry, they’ll be here in a minute.  It’s a long drive, but they’re booking it,” I said as I moved up and started throwing his clothes at him.  “Come on, Mitch,” I said as I helped him get his shirt on as he blindly pulled up his jeans.  We made it downstairs and I were running into the kitchen when Alec stormed through the door with Jordan on his heels.  I turned back and froze, but very quickly realized that Mitch was still standing in front of me.  “Go, go, go!” I whispered and ushered him forward.  We got to the back door and then Alec’s hand clamped down on my shoulder.

“What are you doing, Anna?”  His voice was cold steel and I could hear the warning in it.  I wanted to knock Jordan’s teeth out right now for this.  Mitch had one hand on the door and was at the point where it was already turned, he just had to pull.  “Anna Lee Collins.  Explain to me right now what he is doing here.”  Mitch’s hand on the knob whitened with his grip.

“He has a name,” I growled and whipped around.  Alec let go of my shoulder and I could see the fire in his eyes when he looked at Mitch.  “Mitch, go.  This is between Alec, Jordan, and I.” 

“The hell it is.  This is all about me.  I’m not leaving you.  You never know, he could lose it on you and hit you again.”  Alec sneered.

“I would never hit her.  That was an accident.”

“It didn’t look like it from where I was standing.”

“Both of you, stop it!  Mitch, go.  I’m serious.  Alec, back down.  You’re acting like a complete and total prick right now.  Go chill out.”

“I will not ‘chill out’ when I know that insane bastard has touched you!”

“You’re the one acting insane right now, Alec!  Listen to yourself!”

“Anna, stop and listen to me for once in your life,” he said and grabbed my shoulders.  “He’s evil.  I swear you’re going to regret this, Anna!”  His nails dug in deep, making me cry out.  Mitch instantly pried Alec’s fingers lose and pulled me back. 

“You’re hurting her!” Mitch said.

“You’re the one that’s going to hurt her!” Alec yelled and pulled me back toward him, but I smacked his hand away and put my hands on both of their chests. 

“No!  You two don’t get to fight it out over absolutely nothing!” I said while gritting my teeth. 

“This guy is going to kill you, Anna.  It’s my right as your older brother to do this.  Now move!”  He didn’t even look down at me as he shoved me aside and right into the corner of the counter.  It hit me right in the ribs.  I screamed in pain as I fell to the floor.  Mitch was the first one at my side and I was reminded of the first time he saved me.  Mitch was my own personal angel.