Chapter Twenty Four

A/N: Alright, before I start, I really really need to say that I'm sorry.  There have been a lot of personal issues that have come up and as much as I love all of my fabulous fans, I need to put my health first.  And I want to thank a bunch of people for their support and helping push me to finish this chapter.  It's been pretty hard, but I've done it.  I'm trying to get back on a writing schedule so that there is more of a time and date to when I post part of my story.  And I know I'm rambling, and I'm pretty sure you've skipped over this by now, but again, I am so, sooo sorry.  And I know that this chapter is going to be crap, but at least it's something for you poor, deserving people. 

This chapter is dedicated to Cresil21, who has really kept me going, whether she knows it or not. 

And without further ado, here it is!!

I woke up in the morning sore.  Extremely sore, actually.  After last night, I couldn’t imagine why.  Stupid Adam.  Mitch’s arm was draped across my waist, holding me closer to him.  I turned and saw his sleeping face and knew I needed to be quiet.  Turning back over, I tried to remove his arm, but he just held on tighter.  I squirmed around and finally managed to make it so that I was half off the bed.  With a little more squirming, I was out of his grasp-and on the freezing hardwood floor.  I tried not to gasp and slowly got up, stretching as I started walking downstairs.  I got out all the necessary pans for breakfast.  I got the mix out for pancakes, stirred up a batch, and then made the bacon.  The smell of it made my mouth water and stomach growl. 

After I had flipped the pancakes, I got some fresh oranges out and made orange juice.  It was absolutely delicious and I drank an entire glass.  When the bacon aroma had finally filled up the entire house, I heard Mitch get up and walk down the steps.  I went over and started on his glass of orange juice, quietly humming to myself as I worked. 

“Good morning, beautiful,” he said in his deep morning voice as he wrapped his arms around my waist and put his head on my shoulder. 

“Morning handsome.  Glad to see you’re finally awake.”  He started nibbling on my ear lobe and I sighed. 

“This bacon smells fantastic!  Is it done yet?” he asked as he picked a piece up straight out of the pan and shoved it into his mouth. 

“Why no, no it is not.  Why would you ask that if you were just going to eat that anyways?”

“Who knows,” he said and shrugged.  I smiled and shook my head. 

“So what’s on the agenda today?”  Mitch swallowed his bacon.

“Well,” he started.  “I was thinking we should get you all packed up?”

“Why?”  My brow furrowed in confusion.

“I’m going to take you…back to…Alec.”  I was silent.  “Anna?”  All I could think was what have I done wrong?  I looked at Mitch and he was frowning. 

“I think it would be better for you if you went back.  You need to try and make things better with Alec.  Truly better.  You might have forgiven him for what he did, but you still need that strong relationship with him.  He’s your brother.”  I nodded slowly, still trying to process this. 

“Alright.  I get what you’re saying.  I think,” I mumbled to myself. 

“So you’ll move back?”

“No.  I’m staying here.  I can mend my relationship with Alec just as easily.”

“Anna, please move back in with him.”

“Mitch, I want to stay here.  If I’m in a confined space with him it will just be worse.”

“You and I both know that isn’t true.  It will force you to figure it out.”