Chapter Twenty-Three

“Are you alright?  Seriously.”  Jordan asked for the millionth time in the last five minutes. 

“Jordan, I am fine.  I am way more worried about you than myself.  He just got my head is all,” I said, shrugging. 

“You’re still bleeding,” Mitch murmured from my side and turned me towards him.  I was sitting in a chair next to the cot Jordan was lying on and Mitch was kneeling next to me.  As I turned towards him, his thumb wiped at a drop of blood. 

“Whatever.  It’s just a drop of blood.”  I sighed and rolled my eyes.  Mitch frowned and stood up, pulling me up with him.  He moved so that he was sitting in the chair and I was in front of him.  When I started to protest, he pulled me onto his lap silently.  I relaxed and leaned back so that my head was on his shoulder while his arms wrapped around my waist.  Jordan watched the entire encounter and was smirking at me with a raised eyebrow.  I stuck out my tongue at him.

“Three year old, much?” Mitch asked me.  I smiled and then yawned.  “We should be getting you back home.  You’re practically dead on your feet.”  I shook my head.

“No, I’m fine.  Jordan, how are you going to get home?  You aren’t allowed to drive.”

“I’ll figure something out.  I’ll probably have one of the guys just take me home and then they’ll stay the night.  It will be all good.”

“I’ll do it,” Peter said as he walked into the tent. 

“Oh goodie!  Let’s just make it a party up in here!” I said as Peter walked over. 

“You feeling alright, Anna?” Peter chuckled.  He bent down and frowned at my forehead.  “He got you pretty good, didn’t he?”

“Not nearly as good as I got him,” I reminded him as I stood up. 

“Very true,” Peter grinned.  “You both missed it.  Anna beat him to a pulp.  A bloody pulp.  It was quite a sight to see.  I could barely hold her back.”

“I always knew she had a lot of fight in her,” Jordan said.  “I just wish she didn’t have to use it.”

“Oh, get over it.  I could kick any of you guys’ butts any day.”

“And don’t we know it,” Mitch said as he started dragging me towards the tent entrance.  “Come on.  It’s time for you to get to bed.”

“Okay, Ma,” I said begrudgingly as I trudged behind him.  “See you guys later.  We’ll hang out this week.  We’ll go to the mall and hang out or something, okay?”

“Cool.  Wait, here’s my number.  I’m sure you could get it from Mitch but you never know,” Peter said and bounds over to me, pulling out a fancy looking card.  I look at it and turn it over in my hands. 

“What, no actual business to go on here?”

“Nope.  It’s just easier than writing my number down all the time.”

“I’m sure it is,” I snickered.

“Of course.  And besides, I never know when a cute girl is going to need my phone number,” he winked.  I giggled and I heard Mitch emit a low grumble from his chest as he pulled my hand for us to go. 

“Okay, Peter.  See you later.  Bye, Jordan!”  I called as Mitch pulled me out of the tent.  He pulled me into his side.

“I don’t like them flirting with you.  Especially Jordan.”

“Okay, first off, Jordan said about ten words while we were in there.  Secondly, they weren’t flirting…either of them.  Peter was being Peter.  And thirdly, well, neither one of them are competition against you,” I sighed as the exhaustion finally settled over me.