Chapter Twenty Five

The tall grass was up to the top of my thighs, and I let my hands trail along the tops.  It slightly tickled, and I giggled to myself.  Flowers surrounded me, and the bright colors made me smile.  This place held so many memories for me.  I remembered when Olivia and I had discovered it. 

*******

“Come on, slow poke!” she yelled in her melodic voice.  “If we want to go exploring we have to stay together.  That means you have to keep up!”  I sprinted up to where she was and she laughed, the sound echoing in the forest.  We came up to the edge of the trees and I spotted a small break in the tree line. 

“Hey, let’s go here,” I said and started walking on the narrow path.  “Mark something so we know where we are.”  Olivia nodded and placed down her jacket so that it was slightly concealed, that way anybody who wasn’t looking for it wouldn’t see it.  We started walking and chatting, catching up on the latest gossip.  She was a year older than me, so she knew everything about everybody.

“Did you hear who Dustin hooked up with?”

“Who?” I asked while rolling my eyes.  I had no clue who he was at all.

“Chelsea!  Victor found out and threw a fit, and then slept with Chelsea’s best friend Rachel.”

“Which one is Rachel again?”

“The tall blonde.”

“They’re all tall and blonde, Olivia.”

“She’s got the really long hair, down to her waist.”

“Oh, alright.”

“Yeah.  But how are things with you and Jordan?”  I sighed. 

“I don’t know.  They’re good, but sometimes I just feel like there’s something missing, you know?  Like if he had the chance, he’d be off in an instant.”

“That’s stupid, Anna, he’d stay with you no matter what.  He’s amazing for you.  You two are two of a kind.  I can’t wait for you two to have little Jordan-Anna babies.  If they had your eyes, his tan complexion, your-”

“Olivia!  We aren’t going to have kids!”  I then muttered, more to myself, “At least not yet.”  Olivia squealed and gave me a giant hug. 

“Oh, I can’t wait for your wedding.  I’ll be your maid of honor, right?”

“I can’t believe you’re asking.  I swear it; if I ever get married you’ll be my maid of honor.”  She grinned and I rolled my eyes. 

“Good.  But do you really think you’ll end up marrying Jordan?”

“I don’t know,” I groaned.  “He’s sweet and funny and absolutely-”

“Gorgeous,” Olivia supplied for me.

“Yeah, and he puts up with all my issues, but in the end I don’t know if we will last.  I know every girl has dreams of marrying their high school sweetheart, but I really have no clue whatsoever.”

“Yeah.  I get it.”

“But what about you?  Is there anyone you have your eye on?”