Chapter Twenty-Six

"We've had to push the day off back," Jessica announced as she walked into the room in Denmark. "Your highnesses, something came up with the crown prince and princess and asked if we were able to move it up a day. I said that was fine." Jessica eyes watched the two royals who in front of her, who were so exhausted over the last few days that it made Jessica nervous. "Is that fine, your highness?"

"Perfect," Meredith responded, standing. "When do we leave this morning?"

"In ten minutes, ma'am. The itineraries will be on the flight."

"Great."

Jessica curtsied and left the room.

Meredith glanced at her husband, who looked to have fallen asleep with his eyes open. She had no sympathy for him. The last few days had all been too much, and a break was needed. The events weren't the problem. It was the late nights and early mornings. A break was coming, Meredith reminded herself, and Harry liked Sweden better anyway. Not because of the people or the culture, but he said he liked the fishing better.

The sun was barely breaking on the horizon as the duke and duchess boarded the airplane with the engines roaring. There were items that never even left this airplane at this point, having never stayed long enough in a country for them to be necessary. It was unimaginable all the things that came along, dresses and clothes that just sat on the tarmac-- under heavy guard-- and just waited for their time to shine.

Jessica read the schedule off to both royals as they finished the last preparations on the flight that over an hour long. It was a long flight compared to others. Both royals had another day of fun ahead of them. Meredith didn't have the ability to speak for most of it, finding herself too tired. Harry drank another cup off coffee, and Meredith breathed through her mouth so she didn't have to smell it.

Meredith was given a pair of pants to wear along with a thick jacket. It wasn't for her good behavior, but rather it was about to be "cold" outside. The weather was relative. The Norwegians surely didn't find that it was too cold, just below freezing, but Harry certainly found it cold. The thickness of his jacket matched hers, but his was needed.

It was snowing when the airplane touched down, and Meredith felt like a child on Christmas morning. She was done with the rain. This was proper snow, just a slight slush but mostly thick, strong flakes that fell down from the sky that created a winter wonderland. While it was almost February, winter still went strong. This was the weather Meredith was used to.

"You look very happy for this snow," Harry commented with a smile.

"It's wonderful." A grin covered her face.

"Do catch me if I fall."

"You'll be fine."

The airplane doors opened, and immediately, Harry walked out. King Harald V and his wife, Queen Sonja, stood at the front. Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit came next. Their children-- Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus-- stood in last place. Harry greeted the king properly first and went down the line, and Meredith followed suit. She curtsied to all but the children, who returned the favor.

Already Crown Prince Haakon made Meredith feel welcome with his joking tone. Crown Princess Mette-Marit was on the list of incredible royal list of amazingly nice and stylish royals. Mette-Marit always had a smile on her face, which was contagious happiness. Meredith automatically smiled to be with Mette-Marit herself.

It was a longer driver into Oslo and through the streets. There weren't any Union Jack flags waving, but it was always surprisingly when they showed up. King Harald V and Queen Sonja had gone back to the palace. Both were in their eighties, so it was understandable that it was time to start slowing down. The children also went off with it being the middle of the week, and they had school.