Chapter Ninety-Two

The second day in the Bahamas was much different than the first. The first day had relaxation and fun. The second day had back-to-back-to-back events.

In the morning, it was back to reality. The countdown was on. When the alarm clock went off, Meredith pulled herself from bed and into the bathroom. She let the water run as she wretched over the toilet. In the shower, she scrubbed off the sea water from yesterday. Once out, she dried off and walked back into the master bedroom. She nudged him awake, and he let out a groan.

"You have to get up," she said.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked into the pillow.

"Yes." Meredith plopped down in front of the vanity and started to brush out the tangles from her hair. There were lots of them, and she scraped through them again and again. "Come on, Harry."

He groaned.

"Why are you so tired this morning?" she asked.

"We did a lot yesterday."

"You don't see me still in bed."

Harry only groaned at that too and pulled the blankets up higher. Golden sunlight leaked through the white curtains, which did not do much to actually block out the light. The white blankets did not block out light either.

Getting up from the vanity, Meredith moved across the room and threw the blankets off. She stood above him, and he gave her a lazy smile. "You're acting like a drama queen."

"Where do I get that from?" he wondered.

Meredith rolled her eyes. "Jessica is going to be pissed when she comes in here and sees you still in bed."

"When did you start caring about Jessica's feelings?"

"Oh, I don't. I was just trying to be polite." Meredith sat down at the vanity again, brushing out the blonde hair. It started to dry and started to frizz. The humidity did this. Even though, she felt herself hot, even after a cold shower.

A knock came to the door, and Harry immediately sat up in bed. The second knock was a slight bit harder, and Harry was out of bed in a flash. The shower started going soon after. "Come in," she called, and Jessica did. The stylists bustled in and got to work.

By the time they were done, Meredith looked like a duchess. Her cheeks were nice and rosy, and she actually looked like she had cheekbones. Her hair was blow-dried and then straightened. When it continued to frizz, they just put it up in a bun. Her eyelids were paid to make her eyes looked larger, and her eyes even seemed greener. Her lips, while having an almost natural color, were stained light pink, like usual. The dress was a bright color, which made her skin look tan, and she wore wedges, making her slightly taller than her husband.

At breakfast, Meredith drank juice and ate some sweet bread. Harry dug into the fresh fruit and cold meats that were on the table.  Meredith took a hard pass on the cold meats and their scents that wafted into the air.

The Duke and Duchess of Windsor arrived at Rawson Square, which was located in downtown Nassau. It was the gateway to many cruise-ship passengers who came through Nassau, and many of the tourists today didn't expect to see a royal couple.

People had lined the streets with the United Kingdom's flags and the Bahamas' flags. School children were out in their uniforms. People stopped by to wish the couple welcomings. The tourists stopped and took pictures, smiles crossing their faces at the surprise. The tourists did come from around the world, but many of them were either from North America or the United Kingdom. To many of the Americans, she was the "American Princess."

The duke and duchess did a walkabout, and the duchess collected may gifts and flowers. She breathed in the floral scents before they were handed off to her lady-in-waiting. As for the gifts, it was obvious that many people were waiting for an announcement. Whether or not the duke and duchess were expecting did not matter to the public.