Chapter Seventy-Five

It was early morning, Meredith was awake and shoved into the shower. When she came out, it was back into the routine. Harry and Meredith had a very busy day in Sydney, since usually any royal couple spent at least five days in Australia. However, on this world tour, Sydney was the only destination.

Not feeling up for breakfast, Meredith went back into the master bedroom. She wore a pretty and summery dress that flowed out and was yellow. This wasn't originally the designated dress for the day, but Meredith suspected Jessica had something to do with it. Jessica, probably with her wheels turning, was freaking out, trying to get everything in order in case Meredith was to show or something.

As for Meredith, she sat on the bed that was already made. All she wanted to do was climb back under the covers. Sighing, she laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Thankfully, she hadn't vomited this morning, but that didn't mean the world wasn't spinning around her. Closing her eyes, she took deep breaths, trying to get the world to slow down for one second, but it never did. In these deep breaths, she tried to slow down her mind, because-- undoubtedly-- it was adding to the normal pregnancy woes.

In this calming state, Meredith let her mind wander, but it all came back to the child growing inside of her. Gently, she laid a hand on her stomach. Her belly hadn't changed sizes, and it had always been there. When she laid down, it condensed into itself, and she felt her ribs slightly as they protruded. For a second, she just let her hand lay there.

Meredith didn't feel much different, all in all. She felt sick, yes, but she didn't feel pregnant. Of course, she hadn't given much of a thought of what it felt like to be pregnant. She knew she wasn't going to wake up one morning and just have a large stomach, but she didn't even feel like she was supposed to feel pregnant. She guessed it was shock; it was the best way to describe it: shock. None of it felt real, even with all the panic that she had yesterday. Actually, there was continual panic, but some of it had subsided from yesterday.

Opening her eyes again, the spinning had ceased, for now. Meredith didn't know how long it was going to last.

Outside the door, in the rest of the master suite, she heard Jessica going through the day with Harry, who was enjoying breakfast and probably coffee. Everyone else was out there.

Slowly, Meredith reached for her cell phone and pulled it close to her face. She needed to talk to someone that wasn't outside the door or even in the monarchy. Opening her phone, Meredith went into her contacts. Her first thought was her father because she was able to FaceTime with him-- to see his face, like she felt she hadn't done in forever-- and she was able to tell him the news. However, that thought quickly turned milky. If she told it, it was going to be real. He was going to have questions, and he knew how much she wanted to wait. She was going to have to explain that apparently neither her or Harry knew how to use a condom properly.

Moving on, Meredith went through her contacts. She had many non-royal friends, but suddenly, it felt like a lot of pressure on which one to choose. Kyra was her best friend, but Tabitha wasn't going to tell anymore for a fact. In Scotland, there was Chloe and Marin, but there was only one person who was going to understand: Rachel.

It was a long shot that Rachel was going to answer, but Meredith called anyway. Wisconsin was how many hours before, Meredith didn't know. She heard the phone ringing and ringing, and then Rachel answered cheerily with her round face and blonde hair. Her smile made Meredith smile.

"Hey, Mer!" Her excitement was overwhelming. "I wasn't expecting a call from you."

Meredith had no response; she just stared at her friend's charming face.

"Mer?"

It wasn't going to be so easy. Hushing Rachel, Meredith got up from the bed, and the world tilted slightly. She stumbled into the bathroom, closed the door and turned on the sink. When the water was on the strongest, then Meredith felt ready to talk.