Chapter Sixty

In the morning, the flight was a little over two hours from Mumbai to New Delhi. After being pulled onto the airplane, it was there that Meredith was dressed and makeup was applied. It was a dress and heel day. Her feet ached from the previous night, so the heels weren't her first choice. When the Duchess of Cambridge visited India, she wore patterns and traditional wear; Meredith wasn't as fashionable. While she wore whatever they put her in, her style was very basic. For this outfit, they put her in bright colors.

Harry stepped into the airplane room. "You look nice."

She smirked at him. "You look normal."

"All eyes are on you anyway." He leaned against the doorway with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

Meredith brushed back her blown-out hair, which was a very Duchess of Cambridge look. Her makeup was even close to the future queen. Meredith wasn't sure what the purpose was of it, but she didn't complain either; the Duchess of Cambridge looked amazing.

Harry continued to watch his wife from the doorway, loving the view. When she yawned, he automatically knew. "Late night?"

"I wonder why." She smirked.

"You can't blame it all on me." Harry walked into the room. "You wanted to go too. Do you regret it?"

"Absolutely not. Do you?"

"No." Harry stood nose-to-nose with Meredith; her eyes made her taller than him, but she bent down the inch. "We should do it again soon."

"I imagine that Jessica will be watching closer from now on."

"She should've been watching closer earlier." Harry shrugged. "So, what do you say? Do you want to escape again with me?" He kicked the door closed.

"Always." Meredith kissed Harry, her arms wrapping around him, her fingers sliding through his hair. Harry kissed back, breathing in her as he went. Reaching up, his fingers brushed her hair back, aiming to pull her closer. "Careful of the hair," Meredith warned through kisses. "The stylists will kill you if they have to re-do it."

"That would be regrettable." His kisses were deep, and Meredith chuckled as his beard tickled.

A knock came to the door, and Jessica's voice echoed through, "We're landing soon." It was a warning. Who knew if they were landing soon; Jessica just wanted to tell them to knock it off. Her feet moved outside the door as they watched the shadow under the door; she waited. "Your highnesses."

"We'll be right out," Harry called, putting on his royal voice. They watched as Jessica walked away from the door. "She really knows how to put a damper on things," he said.

"She's probably paid to do so." Meredith gave him a peck on the cheek and then backed away. Harry tried to pull her close again, but Meredith escaped and left the room.

When the airplane landed, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor exited the airplane together. The duchess' arm was through the duke's. The warm air was stale, and the duchess immediately missed the smell of the sea. There was a state dinner tonight, so it wasn't the prime minister to greet them. Cameras watched them as the royal couple appeared in daylight. When the royals started to travel at night, the paparazzi were deprived of exiting the airplane pictures, which were either breathtaking or embarrassing. At least, the duchess wore weighted dresses.

Getting into a waiting car, the duke and duchess were off. The first stop was Gandhi Smriti to pay their respects. Gandhi Smriti was the place where Indian activist Mahatma Gandhi spent the last 144 days of his life and where he was assassinated. Gandhi Smriti was now a museum for the man himself. Mahatma Gandhi's memory lived on in many ways. Leading peaceful civil disobedience, he led India to independence and started civil rights movements around the world.