Chapter Sixty-Five

The airplane had landed in Seoul with a thump as they country hopped. After the orchestra, it had been onto the plane and then off to the next destination. It was another five-star hotel that looked over the city. Even in the late evening, the glow of cars drove underneath them. Harry didn't mind looking over the edge, whereas Meredith hung back. Skyscrapers, like many of the other cities had visited, bloomed high into the sky. Meredith caught the outward view at an odd angle.

She ate a late night snack, sitting down at the table in their master suit as she chomped down on something that she wasn't entirely sure what it was. It tasted and looked good, and that was enough for her for now. Harry was happy that her appetite was back.

Climbing into bed, Harry tried to pull the covers up around himself, but his wife had another idea. She straddled him. Her blonde hair fell around her shoulders and tickled his nose. It was getting so long, he realized, as his fingers twisted her hair into perfect ringlets. His hand went a little higher, touching her neck and then her chin.

"Is there something I can help you with?" he asked with a smirk on his lips. He knew exactly what she wanted, and he was going to happily oblige if she just asked.

"Do I really have to say it?" Meredith questioned, bending down so her husband got a sneak peek of something he had seen a hundred times.

"What if I'm not in the mood?"

Meredith scoffed. "I'm on top of you, Harry, really." Her eyes glanced down, and that was all the proof she needed.

"Well, if you insist." Harry sat up, crushing his lips into hers, pulling her closer. The tips of his fingers dug into her back, pushing her closer, and Meredith happily gave in.

In the morning, the sun started to rise. The clear sky let the sun slip into the room, gracing the exposed skin of Harry and Meredith. They slept entangled, limbs over limbs; Meredith's head rested on Harry's chest. Their heartbeats matched. The sun burned, shedding golden rays inside the room, and Harry, bleary eyed, blinked to it. He moved his head to look at the clock and then realized he still had time.

Harry's blue eyes looked down at his sleeping wife. All he saw was her blonde hair, which started to curl at the ends. Every day they straightened her hair, but it never lasted. It curled like her personality. Carefully, Harry reached out and touched it. She didn't stir. A smile formed on his face as he continued to watch her.

When the alarm clock finally went off, Meredith groaned, "Turn it off." She pushed her head deep into Harry's chest.

He chuckled and turned it off. "Long night?"

"Wouldn't you know." Meredith flipped her hair back as she looked her husband deep into his eyes, chin setting against his sternum. She blinked sleep out of her eyes. The bright rays caught her blonde hair, turning it into gold. Pulling her hands up, Meredith ran her hands across Harry's arms. "You're cold. Why didn't you pull the blankets up?"

"I didn't want to wake you up."

"A real prince charming." Meredith arched her back and let out a deep sigh.

Harry ran his fingers through her hair again, and it curled even more. He let one of the curls spring back up. A chuckle bubbled out of him.

"Now, now," she said, "we have work today. We can't go starting up again." Meredith escaped his gasp. "We have to get through the next week before another break."

"They really should give us more time." His eyes watched as Meredith walked across the room naked. In the bathroom, she started up the shower. Harry raised his voice, "How else are we supposed to get to know the culture?"