(5)Changes

"What was Jimin doing in a place like this?"

No matter what, I had to find him. Gathering all the courage from every corner, I stepped inside through the main door of the isolated building.

Complete darkness.

I couldn't see a single thing,
shivers creeped down my spine, and I was genuinely scared. In addition to my fear of darkness I once had got locked in our dark basement for an entire day, since then I have been afraid of dark places and always avoided them, but then here I was searching for Jimin in the darkest building.

My hands trembled in fear, I held onto my clothes and looked around.

I couldn't have just abandoned him and let him suffer all alone in a weird place like this, After all I love him and he is the only one I have, I was determined that I have to PROTECT him.

My eyes wandered around the dark place for some time and my legs weren't yet ready to move, just then, I realised that it's still day time,
Only if I could find some windows and open them up, I could have a clearer sight, which will help me find Jimin easily and also my fear of dark wouldn't obstruct me no more.

Switching on the flashlight in my smartphone, I started searching for windows to open up while feeling up the walls with my bare hands. All sorts of weird stuff including spider webs and human hair kept sticking to my hands.

_______

"JIMIN! Jiminah it's me!! Where are you? Answer me" my voice echoed through the empty and eerie building.

There was not a single sound apart from mine.

I steadily climbed up to the fourth floor of the building, sliding my hand on the rusted railing, still shouting his name, hoping he would call out my name in response.

This place was my last hope, I couldn't even imagine my life without him! He was a supporting pillar for me, who had kept me from killing myself, and I can't lose him so easily.

Flashback-
12 am, July 9th 2017.

I sat there in the middle of the silent road, which seemed endless, while cold breeze ran through my face, sending chills through my entire body, making my hair dance to its cold tune.

I was wearing a single thin piece of synthetic cloth, it somehow managed to cover the crucial parts of my body, but failed to give me warmth and enough protection from the lustful eyes of men roaming around in that quiet street, after all it was just a simple night gown.

My mind had been greatly affected and I was expressionless, I wasn't drunk and I wasn't on drugs, but I was in an even worse condition, something closer to the feeling of death. Hope, faith, trust, belief, love, care - all these were just void words, they held no meaning, and were just made up by humans for their own interests. I had lost all I had, Everything.

I had nothing. I was abandoned and lonely. My life held no worth, not anymore.