(2)Murderer

"It's all because of you! You did this!" I stared fiercely into his blank eyes.

He stood there like a dead man and didn't say a word, was he even breathing?
This silence of his was making me more furious.
My mother is lying here, dead all because of him, and he doesn't even care.

Anger. Sorrow. Shock. Fear. All these emotions together were messing up my mind.

I held my mother and slowly placed her head against the wall, stood up and walked towards him, "SAY SOMETHING YOU BASTARD!!!! HOW COULD YOU KILL YOUR OWN MOTHER??"

He didn't say anything, but he pushed me away, and said without lifting his head, "I don't want to hurt you too, go away, go away from here" I saw his hands were fisted, "I am not in my right mind, you are my only family now so go away! Get the f*ck away from here!!" He screamed in his low voice, sending shivers down my spine.

His right hand was still holding onto the knife, the same knife with which he had killed our mother, "Brother why? Why did you have to kill her? I NEED ANSWERS!!" I walked closer to him, leaving very little space between us, and my tears wouldn't stop.

"Are you drunk?" As I stepped closer to him I realised that he was drunk, a strong scent entered my nose.

"YES! Yes I Am DRUNK!!! What about it? I don't know what I'll do if you stay here longer, I DIDNT WANT TO KILL MOTHER!!" He lift his head and looked at me, "She made me do it!!" his gaze softened, "I came home drunk, and I caught my girlfriend cheating on me with some other guy, I was angry. If that wasn't enough, on my way home some street thugs caught hold of me, beat me up and robbed me, I was hurt badly" his eyes narrowed and he fell down to the ground.

He continued with a light sob, "I even failed my exams, I was stressed and I didn't know what to do, And mother, she kept screaming and shouting at me" tears welled up in his eyes as he spoke and his hands were shaking.
I sat down next to him and placed my hand on his shoulder, "I kept screaming
and asking her to stop, but she wouldn't, I went crazy and grabbed the knife which was placed on the table and then.....I...I stabbed her.... IT WAS A MISTAKE! BUT NOW I .... I...I"

He was struggling to talk and his chest went up and down in search of air, "I'm listening to you brother, go on...I believe you." I comforted him and pressed his shoulder, after all she is also his mother, How could I forget that? She is the same person who had held him in her arms and looked after him all his life.

"Sorry my dear sister, But I have to" he lifted his head to look me in the eyes, I couldn't read his expression at first, but then I saw his eyes burning with rage.

"I HAVE TO KILL YOU TOO"