(2) Nightmare

Kim Taehyungs PoV ~
Next day early in the morning I was at the office waiting for that man from yesterday to arrive so that we can go look for his wife. His name he said was Jimin. He was rather late today.

I sat in my chair, and closed my eyes, trying to collect all my thoughts and yet again I was startled by the same man. "I'm sorry" he said while panting.

"It's alright come on in" I said getting up from my chair, "we got work to do"

"AGHHHH" he suddenly grabbed his head. "IT HURTS!!! MY HEAD" I rushed towards him.
"What's wrong?? How can I help you?" I looked at him in confusing not knowing what to do. "Come sit down." I helped him, "have some water" I handed him the glass of water. I could tell he was experiencing a lot of pain that time. "Are you alright?"

"I don't know" he looked at me with a sad look on his face. "This is the third time since morning that I've had this kind of striking pain in my head. I'll be fine." He kept the glass of water aside and got up. "Please Help me find my wife."

I felt pity for him.

"Jimin it's because you've been taking a lot of stress. I know it's difficult but you need to take care of yourself too." I walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry we will find your wife."

I took all the details I required from Jimin regarding his wife. He said that they got
Married just two weeks ago but they've been together for a long period of time. Moreover this couple doesn't have any relatives or acquaintances of any sort.
He also mentioned that his wife is under treatment for anxiety and has been taking medicine for over two weeks. She sometimes tends to imagine things which never happened. This may be a disadvantage for us.

I was determined to find the man behind this. I started the investigation of this case with my team.

⊱༻⚪༺⊰⊱༻⚪༺༻⚪༺

Park Jimin's PoV
I have always had nightmares every night since a month. There isn't a day when I don't wake up screaming or breathing heavily at night.

Yesterday was worse.

I came home drenched in rain. The officer assured me that he would help me find my wife.

I walked into my room which was pretty dark only after locking the main door. I wasn't scared of the dark but I felt strange. This wasn't unusual. I've had this strange feeling in my heart from time to time. I always ignore it.

I removed my wet clothes and stepped under the shower to clean myself. Suddenly all the lights went off. "What the fuck is happening???" I was frustrated. I somehow managed to put on my clothes and walked outside.

As I stepped out of the bathroom I could feel strong wind blowing. I hadn't left any windows open. I rechecked and every window was closed.

"I must be imagining things" I sighed as I walked towards the main door. A question mark grew on my face as I saw the main door open. Just a few minutes ago it was closed. I walked outside and turned the lights back on. There was a slight disconnection in the wires.

I walked back in and locked the door. I felt a slight pain in my head, I went directly to my bed and lay down to get some sleep.

Just then I heard some noise. It seemed to be coming from the kitchen. I decided to ignore it. Then I heard footsteps. Slow footsteps, one after the other. There was no other sound except for the footsteps. They grew louder and louder. Suddenly they stopped. I opened my eyes and sat up straight on my bed. There was no one.
I looked around nervously. "Who's there? Show yourself!! What do you want FROM ME???!!!" I moved the blanket of my feet and placed my feet on the ground.

I walked slowly towards the main hall. There was no one. "Something's definitely wrong. Did I make some mistake?" I wondered. I was walking towards my bed when I suddenly felt someone grab my left shoulder. I froze. Beads of sweat trickled down my face. I couldn't move. I felt someone breathe on my neck.

"You are losing your way" a whisper in my left ear.
"If you repeat the mistake, you will lose yourself" I felt another hand on my right shoulder. "Sleep well" the voice slowly faded away.

It wasn't a dream. I remember it all very vividly.

I nervously walked up to my bed and lay down closing my eyes slowly. I had a dream.

I was standing under a tree while slow wind blew. I was waiting for someone. I stood there for a while looking at the blue sky. Just then I saw her walking towards my direction. A smile grew on my lips at her sight. My heart fluttered as she walked towards me. My wife looked prettier than usual. She came and stood in front of me with a smile.

I looked at her with love. But her expression started turning sad. She was unhappy. Just then I saw blood flowing down her forehead. I looked down to see her arms covered in blood. I lifted my head and screamed seeing her face covered in blood.

She started moving away from me. Farther and farther away. I ran towards her. But she kept moving away. I kept running. I ran and ran. I saw no end. Everything around me disappeared. I screamed
"NO DON'T DO THIS!! MY WIFE! DON'T HURT HER"

I opened my eyes wide in horror. I was breathing heavily and sweating profusely. I felt a striking pain in my head.

"I can't let this happened. I need to clear any obstacles in my path."
⊱༻⚪༺⊰⊱༻⚪༺༻⚪༺