(1)Past

Emptiness. Loneliness. My heart felt heavy.

I was seated on the dimly lit street, hugging my knees in front of my face while the scenario which took place at home a few minutes ago kept replaying in my head like someone had put it on a loop
.
.
.

Flashback
It was 12 am, an unusually dark night, and I was fast asleep on my comfy spring mattress after a tiring day. It was usually cold at nights these day so I had entirely covered my face with the warm and soft blanket. Even in my slumber I wake up by the slightest sounds. Just then I heard some noises from the living room.

I didn't bother to wake up and check, maybe it's the wind or something.

I sat up straight on my bed, terrified when I heard a shriek. My eyes went wide open, I pushed the blanket off me and rushed towards the living room petrified. The screaming just grew louder and louder almost piercing through my ears.

I reached the living room only to see the most horrible sight anyone could see in their life.

I held my head between my hands and let out a scream of horror.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? What have you done??? Nooo" tears rolled down my cheeks in a trail, gritting my teeth I went and held him by his white collar.

Fisting my hands I threw a few weak punches at him, but he stood there without moving a muscle.

I cried, and later began sobbing uncontrollably, then I fell down to the floor. He had an expressionless face, no sorrow, no guilt, no fear. Nothing.

"Why????" I screamed on his face, "Why did you do this?" I walked towards my mother, lying on the floor, motionless, her face and arms covered with moist blood, my entire body started trembling, I extended my shaking hands and held her, "MOM NOOOO" I pulled her closer and cried on her lifeless shoulder, she struggled to move, I could see tears running down her cheeks as she looked at me with her half dead eyes, and her eyebrows went all the way down, she held my face in her hands and her lips trembled.

"Run! Run!!! Go away from here!! He..." she said through the extreme pain she was undergoing, I can't imagine the pain and fear she had buried inside her at that moment, she couldn't even speak properly. Struggling to speak, in a shaky and terrified voice she said, "He will kill you! Run away my baby, please I beg you, my only wish is that you stay safe...." I was looking at her as she spoke, and I could see her life being sucked away, her eyes went wide and she said breathing heavily, "will you... fulfil my... my last wish?" after saying this she let out her last breath and lay dead in my arms, my mother who had given me a life and held me close to her all the time, protected me from all evil and helped me live a better life was now gone forever. I watched her die in my own arms and I couldn't do anything.

"NOOOO MOTHER!!!" I screamed in despair, "No you can't leave me alone and... No wake up Mom!!! Wake up.... please... I'm scared! You were the only one I had..you can't do this to me!!" I sobbed pulling her even more closer to me, holding her tightly in my arms, shaking her, and hoping for her to wake up and say my name.

I was all alone now.

"ITS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU! You did this!" I looked at man who was unfortunately my brother, he stood there without motion and had a void expression drawn on his face. I stared fiercely into his blank eyes.

______

Enjoy reading, like and comment.