(3) Surprise

Kim Taehyung's PoV :

My team and I went through every small detail concerning the missing person. I discovered in the process that Jimin's wife wasn't a socialising person and didn't have any friends. She seldom left the house and remained indoors. This couple was pretty strange.
Her call history was only Jimin and a few delivery men.

"Sir do you think it's one of these delivery men? Maybe she was alone at home and taking advantage of this he would've kidnapped her" one of my team mate said. I looked at him and after thinking for a few seconds, I replied, "it isn't possible. Look at the case again. She went out to get groceries and never came back and there wasn't any incoming or outgoing calls of anyone except Jimin."

"But Sir" he looked at me in confusion, "didn't you say just now that she stayed indoor always? And Jimin used to bring all the required things or they used to get it delivered?"

He is right. I wanted to find her as soon as possible but this case was getting more and more confusing.

"Track down her phone" I said placing my left hand on my head.

"Yes sir!"

"Sir we got the location" I rushed towards the computer to see it. "Sir! Her phone is in her house!!" I looked at my teammate in confusion.
"Maybe she left her phone at home." I took my coat from the chair and headed downstairs.

"Sir where are you going? Let us come with you."

"No" I replied "y'all stay here and wait for me" I got into my car and wore my seatbelt.
I recall Jimin telling me yesterday, 'I tried calling my wife multiple times but she doesn't pick up her phone. She never keeps her phone in silent....'

"He wouldn't lie. Would he?"

I took the key in my hand and put it in the ignition. Just then I received a message.

"Sh*t"

"Sh*t"

I decided to not tell any of my teammates and drove to the given address.

It took me exactly 26 minutes to reach the destination.
I parked my car on the opposite side of the road and waited.

*Text Message*

I ran to the building and stepped inside

I ran to the building and stepped inside. It is pretty dark.
There aren't any elevators. I have to take the dusty stairs.
I climbed up the stairs wondering what place this is!
It looked like a building which had been burnt down years ago. I reached the third floor, I could see nothing.

I switched on the flashlight in my phone to see what was in front of me. I saw a man's face right in front of my face, except his face was covered in blood.

The face disappeared.

"What the F*CK" I SCREAMED   "WHO IS IT? COME FACE ME LIKE A MAN!! YOU COWARD!!"