Chapter - 3

Me and my new mates facetimed at night, Toni was telling me that he was on his way to kidnap me, and honestly, I would not mind if he really did kidnap me. We gossiped for an hour, and I was amazed by how well I fit into their circle, they were the best thing that happened to me after we moved, they told me everything I need to know about the school, whose class not to miss and who were who, and then they kept on rambling about the demi-gods between every minute.

An hour slipped by in a mere span of what felt like a minute, and I was somehow excited to go to school the next day, I got an A straight throughout my junior and middle years, now that I was in high school, I want to maintain that. And there was really nothing on my mind other than to become the best Mathematician the school has ever had. I loved teaching Mathematics, it gave me a satisfying pleasure when people had doubts and they asked me to teach them and I would teach them without any difficulty, as if I was the one who created Mathematics, I learnt it as if it was my soul language.

My mother was, as expected, so excited to meet these new mates of mine, she always had her ways with my mates, and my mates always loved her so dearly. And I believed these new mates of mine would feel the same.

"'So, when are you bringing them home?" My Mum asked, while we were eating breakfast the next day.

"I believe now is not a good time yet." I swallowed.

"Why so? They sound rather lovely." She poured herself a drink.

"They are, but I'd rather spent more time with them first." I stood on my ground not to bring them home just yet, and Dad stood with me and Mum gave up eventually.

I listened to music while I was on my way to school, my music taste had always been different from others, this one I took after my Mum, I don't really listen to this new generation music but rather the old jams. If a random person goes through my playlist, I bet they would not know a single song. I had never met anyone with the same music taste as me in my age.

As I was walking inside, I saw Ash waving at me, with a big smile on her face. She came running and halted in front of me, "Ann, good morning."

I greeted her back and we went towards our classroom. Maybe it was because I was the transfer student, people still stared at me everywhere I went, maybe thinking who I was, and I had the challenge in my mind, well who am I? The best Mathematician you will ever come across in this school.

The lessons ran by quickly and we met Will and Toni on our way to the cafeteria, "Where's Elly?" I asked as we walked down the steps.

"She did not complete the assignment."

"So?" I asked. "So, she did not come to school." Toni laughed off. "Just Elly being Elly, she will use any excuse to miss school."

I engaged myself with Ash as we sat, there was always something to laugh about when I talked with Ash, she made things sound funny even if they were not, even if she was to narrate the story of Countess Elizabeth Bathory, I think she would still made it funny.

"Oh, my ass, guys, I'm going crazy!" Toni suddenly shouted in our ears. We gave him a confused look. "I think I'm falling out of breath." He said, "Do I look okay?" He pleaded.

"Yes, you look fine, why? What happened?" I asked.

"I told you, he's not looking at you!" William groaned.

"Did I ask you?" Toni made a disgusting face. "Now girls." He sighed, "Look at your left side and tell me if he's still looking."

Ash and I both looked our left side, and there I noticed.

He was staring.... staring at ME? Our eyes locked, I did not dare to move my eyes away, we stared at each other as if we were chained together by a spell, who was this person who looked at me like he wanted to eat me? There was tons of questions inside my head, people had stared me at before, but this man's glare felt different, his gaze was so strong, so strong that I believed I could faint if he kept on looking at me like that. His gaze did not move an inch, it was completely and perfectly fitted on me, he glared at me as if I had stolen his kidney. Time struck at that moment, all of a sudden, I felt a new feeling all over me, I sat there expressionless, I could not hear the sound of my mates calling me, the sound of people gossiping, the sound of people walking, or the sound of people laughing, all I felt at that moment was, his gaze.

He looked like a fierce one, he was interrogating me with his eyes, his eyes spoke so many words yet I don't understand any of them. I was knocked back down to earth by Ashlynn's nudged.

I looked away from his gaze and turned to look at my mates, Toni, who looked like he swallowed a volcano, and was about to burst any moment blurted, "What was that?"

"What?" I asked out of words.

"You don't get to ask what, but we do. WHAT?" Ash looked at me.

"What?" I asked flummoxed, "What did I do?"

Toni grasped my hand while looking completely astound. "He was not staring at me, he was staring at you for God's sake." He panted, "And did you just stare back? I'm going crazy."

I looked at him, dumbfound, and I looked at Ash searching for an answer, but she was of no help, she too was looking astound.

"That was one strange moment." Ash finally said a word. "Why did he look at you like that? It gave me a chill." She faked a shiver.

"Maybe it's love at first sight." Toni commented abruptly. "That doesn't look like love, rather he looks like he wanted to kill her." William said and continued to eat his lunch.

"Yes, that's no love. He looked scary." Ash said, and I agreed with her, he really did look scary. His eyes, they were so fierce. "Who is he anyway?" I asked curiously.

"You will find out eventually." Toni said, "I bet something is going to happen today, his looks, God, I can tell from his looks."

"He has that look when he is about to make trouble, don't you think?" Ash asked, "Is there ever a time when he did not make trouble?" William asked back.

So, he was a trouble maker, one I should not meddle with, I did not want any trouble in my life, nor anything to do with a trouble maker, yes now I can tell, his eyes looked somehow troubled.

With endless questions and confusion from Toni, the recess came to an end, and Ash and I decided to stop by the loo before we went to our class.