Chapter - 6

I had never had the intention of playing around, or being played at all, especially with a popular trouble maker like him? Not a chance, my life need not another trouble in my life than it already had, I was not going to waste my high school years, I have my goal, to try and become the best Mathematician I could ever be. Even though what happened yesterday was strange and unusual, I had many experiences with a lot of weirder guys than Alex, so I was fine. The only problem was that his face always suddenly popped up in my head.

Ashlynn told us what had happened at the corridor after the classes were over, how Simon asked her and the other girls to leave, and she said she almost fainted as she and Simon exchanged a smile. However, I had no intention of going through every detail of what happened yesterday, but Toni and Ash would not stop bothering me if I did not spill all of it, so I told them. Toni could not believe it, and he kept drooling but he knew it did happen. And Ashlynn could not stop berating me for refusing his ride, and William kept on saying how Elly would be in such a disappointment to miss such an incident.

It's funny when I think about the things I hold onto, the smell of the flower on Mum's old garden, the smell of new books on the library I used to attend twice a week back in my old hometown, and the sound of birds chirping early in the morning as if they were singing to wake me up from my dreamland. And I still remember the peaceful silence in the park near my house at 4 in the morning.

"Do you also feel like an electric shock you and there's this race going on inside of you, or is it just me?" Ash asked as we sat for our language class, "It's just you." I muttered as I shuffled my bag beside my desk.

"I feel like the sky is going to fall, lately." She said in a humming way. "What I don't understand is how you feel so fine after all that happened? Not even a heart shake for a second, dude?" She asked.

I looked at her, "Simon has been your crush for the past two years, as I heard from Toni." She nodded as I speak, "And it's only natural for you to feel that way, he is your crush." I assured her. "And Alex? He is not my crush." I told Ashlynn, more like telling myself. And she made a face as if she understood what I mean. "But still, Alex is so-" Before she could complete her sentence, our language teacher walked in, and the lesson started.

As soon as the class was over and our teacher walked out of the class, one student came running in, her expression shows she was afraid, she was filled with terror, we all kind of looked at her as she went over to her friends, and her friends consoled her and ask what had happened. I did not want to waste my time putting my nose on someone else's business, I never did and I don't want to start doing it but I could not help being curious about what happened to the girl who just came running in, what in the world made her so frightened in a broad daylight?

"What do you think happened?" I asked Ashlynn as she probably knew those people. "Maybe her crush rejected her." She answered casually. She did not even flinch, and was totally unbothered by the current situation, and I realized most of the students were.

I gave her a sharp and pointed look, "What?" She laughed, "Teens nowadays took rejection seriously. And that? Her name is Beth and she and her best mate Taylor are obsessed with Alex-" She was cut off mid-sentence when Beth wailed loudly. "Alex-x Alex, he caught Taylor with-h her storybook about-t him."

Between the students gasped, all her mates stood up, "The one where she wrote all her imagination with Alex and how she wishes to-" Beth nodded, "Yes that one." They all ran out, and the class was filled with whispers.

"God, can you believe that she made a story of her sleeping with him? Even I am not that extreme." Ashlynn exclaimed. I stared after Beth and her mates as they ran out of the classroom as if what was about to happen in the next 5 minutes was going to define their whole life.