Chapter - 28

After hour of inducement, I finally succeed in persuading my parents to accept the money, which I told them was given to us by a good friend of mine, and that there was no hurrying in giving back the amount, so this could give us the time we need to recover from this mess of ours. I understood how my parents felt, they didn't want to accept the money, yet they need to, they knew they had to. Mother didn't succeed in getting any other job lately, and father was still busy trying to figure out how we could pay our loan, so this was our answer.

There was no other way, I knew that in one way or another, they were going to accept it, but it may have been surprising for them, to receive a big amount of cash in one night, but Mother finally believed it was the answers of her endless prayers, and father was still debating in his mind but his expression had been better than yesterday. There was a piece of relief hanging around his eyes, and I could not be more grateful for it. Mother insisted that I bring this generous friend of mine home tomorrow night for dinner.

"Tomorrow? I thought you guys are busy." I tried to change my mother's mind about inviting Gerald. It could be the worst thing for now, to have dinner with that creep of a man, just thinking to be in the same room as him again made me want to puke, I cannot really tell exactly what made me so disgusted, but there could be countless reasons, it could be his evil and disturbing smile, or his devil like eyes that glanced at me as if I was a meat on his plate, or maybe it was the ridiculous scar on his face.

I didn't think much about the scar on his face while we were together, but as I do now, it seemed painful, and the area was looking as if it were curved with a knife, I wondered how he got himself such a bad scar, and that too on his face?

"We ought to, Andrea." Mum commented, "Not every friend is generous as him to let us borrow such a big amount of money, preparing dinner is the least we could do for now." She went on, there was no way I could win her over, when have I ever won anyway?

"Remember, a friend in need is a friend indeed." She rhymed as she left me alone in my room. I plopped down on my bed, staring at the ceiling, and thinking what a big mess my life had become in a mere span of two days. Now I even got myself a deal which I might not be able to fulfil since Alex didn't even look like he had a heart, let alone for me to break. But I had heard the best way to break someone over was to fill them with love and leave!

So, it seemed like that was what I had to do, to fill him with love and... leave, but then another question popped up again, will he even let me fill his heart with love? If I can't do that than breaking his heart was not even in the plate for me. I groaned loudly in my pillow, not only my life had become a mess, I had become a mess, a big mess.

I suddenly perked up as the evilest thing struck my mind, who said I had to bring over Gerald? I could simply bring Vernon to take Gerald's place tomorrow. What a brilliant idea, I thought to myself as I sleep.

The next morning was much better than I'd hoped, with mother's usual smile back on her face and a bright sun smiling down on me as I walked to the school, whatever was in the store for me, at least my family was fine. At least I managed to put back a smile on my mother's face, and gave my father enough time to cover us up. It was completely worth it.

The first thing I did as soon as I reached the school was search for Vernon, there was so much I had to thank him for, besides the fact that I was too stunned last night as he drove me home that I could not even think straight to the extend where I'd remember I owe him a million thanks. The whole ride home was pretty much about Alex, I asked him everything he knew about Alex, and all he could say was, "Don't ask me, I'm not a friend of him and I have no good things to tell you about him."

I already heard thousands of bad things about him, I really need not more, "Am I doing the wrong thing?" I sighed deeply, letting the wind take me away with its cold breeze, I really wished for a moment that the wind would take me away and landed me wherever it went. Anywhere would be much better than here, "Right or wrong, what is important is who you are doing for." He answered. And before I got off his car, I let him swore not to tell anyone about this especially his mates who hate Alex, and he'd promised, and I believed him.

"Andrea!" My name echoed in the large corridor of the hallway, I knew exactly who that voice belonged to: Ashlynn

I turned back to welcomed her with a hug she offered me, "Ah I missed you!" She stated, "So did I." I replied as I broke our hug, "Can you help me find Vernon?" I asked, while looking around for him, I had wasted 5 good minutes searching for him, yet I had no luck in finding him.

"What? That man again? After everything that happened yesterday?" She asked, aghast. I had no time to explain to her, nor the time to lie to her as the bell almost rang, "He's a good friend of mine," That's all I brought out from my mouth as she looked at me with the most disturbed eyes I had ever seen her wore, "Seriously? In just two days?" She asked, suspiciously.

"You won't understand."