Chapter - 47

The rain had been heavy in the city for a week now, giving me a chance to finally wear most of my warm sweatshirts and warm socks, the cold was nothing compared to what I had experienced in our school trip and I was still amazed at myself for not mentioning a word of how such a big event of my almost dying moment to my parents. Because if I do, I'd had to tell them all about Alex and my mother would insist heavily on my bringing him home for dinner and everything would go wrong at the dinner, Alex who wanted a chance to meet my parents ever since he considered me his, which was pretty much since the first day that he met me, would take every chance to let my parents know that I'm dating him which would be a big problem for me since I was to leave him in near months.

I was actually amazed and thankful that Alex hadn't forcefully try and meet my parents or come to my house without telling me beforehand, for I thought such an obstinate man as him would go out of his way and meet my parents if that's what he wants without caring for how I feel, but I think this shows how much he valued my opinions and approbation and that made him more amiable to me than he already was. Dating him was not that hard at first, or to be with him every day, or to sit with him in classes or during lunch, until I was in no way to turn back from the feelings I developed for him, unaware.

I felt happy when I see him smiling, but a moment always struck me back, because I had signed up to be the one who tears off the smile on his face. I, never for even a single moment thought that I would fall in love with Alex, but I did.

I would have done anything to take back what I had signed up for, I became the person he runs to when he felt lost, the embrace he seeks when he felt lonely, the love he required. The one he called at midnight because he can't sleep.

Sometimes it was even odious for me to stay around him for the feelings I had for him which shame me to my core, I wanted all the moments to stay forever, and I wanted so much to never need to tell him about the deal, to never need to break his heart or leave him. Sometimes I wanted to shout my lungs out for I couldn't control myself from running back to him when I'd tell myself to just leave him before anything gets harder, because I knew that the longer I hold on, the harder it was going to be for me to try and leave him. But it was already hard to try even now. I dare not imagine how hard it will be when it's time, I console myself by not contemplating too much about it. And vow to make all the months I had left with Alex the most memorable one, so even when the mere mentioning of my name become abominable to Alex, it would be a great consolation to me to know that he once loved me more than life itself, and the fact that I'd be the one destroying such love would haunt me for the rest of my life.

"If the person you're thinking about is not me, I'm seriously going to be mad." Alex rapturously said, bringing me back to the present. The amigos and I were at Alex's house, Ash was feeling a bit unwell so she didn't join us, and it's been three hours since we ate our handsome dinner, and I figured the rich didn't just live opulently, everything eatable inside Alex's house was hundredfold better than anything I had ever eaten.

I smiled at his lively spirit, it was good to see him like this, at the end of a bad day, just looking at his smile and know I put it there was enough to make everything feels alright. I want to capture every moment, every smiles, every eyes shimmering with love, "Seems like you can't be mad, since the person I'm thinking about turns out to be a tall guy with the eye of the bluest sea," I declared with great intrepidity, even though what I was thinking about was extremely different from positive, it was still about him, "You actually remind me of him, you guys look alike." I added.

He opened his mouth to answer me but was interrupted by Levi before he could, "Do you think the rain will stop soon? I didn't bring my car, I can't afford to drive home in the expense of getting wet." He looked at Alex and paused in hope of an answer but Alex was not disposed to make any. I glanced at his expression and held back my laugh. He always looked annoyed like a wounded lion who would certainly eat anyone that disturbs his peace, I'd seen this annoyed expression of his hung around his face quite numerously, pretty much whenever anyone disturbed our conversation for irrelevant things. I looked at his determined eyes once more and knew what he was thinking inside, "Am I the one who makes it rain in the first place, how the hell would I possibly know?" And laughed by myself after looking at Levi's unsatisfied face, who continued to rail about Alex to Simon who was busy on his phone, "Try talking to that man, it's like he wants to harvest my organs and sell it to the highest bidder for simply talking to him." He bit the apple which was on the table bitterly.