Chapter - 34

For a moment, I stood and wondered what spell had Alex casted upon my mates, they not only turned me down but instead they practically forced me to back to Alex's room, I didn't move an inch as I stood in the hallway that approached Alex's room, I checked if there was at least any other room available, but there was none.

Toni and William were sharing a room, while Elly stayed with someone from the music club I had seen once or twice, as soon as I stormed out of Alex's room, I called up my mates and we met at Toni and Will's room, to my surprise, they already had the knowledge of knowing that Alex drove me and that Simon drove Ash, Toni was busy trying to persuade me to go back to Alex's room while Elly had the most pandemonium conversation with Ash, in one word, everything was bedlam.

It was great when William decided to retreat from his solitude and spent time with us, but at that moment, he was the most bootless person in the room, he neither helped me to try and convince Toni to let me stay with them, nor helped Toni to persuade me to shoved my ass back in Alex's room. It soon seemed like he was bored of the conversation in which he had no share, so he left us to take a shower, but none of us even notice his absence before minutes elapsed.

I sighed deeply as I stared at the white door of Alex's room, as he claimed, it was a lot bigger than Toni and Will's room, and I noticed the little details of the things displayed in Alex's room were all much better. Such as, the white curtain that was hanging in Alex's room was without a doubt, more smooth and costlier than the one in normal rooms.

"Andrea? Is that you?" A voice called me from behind, and I briskly turned back to see who it was. "Vernon? Oh, God, you're such a sight from sore eyes!" I declared.

He laughed as he approached me, "What are you doing standing here at this moment?" He asked, as his eyes shifted down to what I was holding, "With a suitcase?" He added to the question.

I breathed, "You wouldn't believe what happened." I started telling him everything that happened in a mere span of one good minute, I was good at abridging things.

I looked at him as if he was some priest who would have all the answers I need as soon as I was done telling what had happened, before he opened his mouth to speak, he gave me a crack laugh, "Andrea, are you really that slow-witted?"

I gave him a pointed look, "I'm sorry?"

"I mean, don't you think this whole thing works in your favour?" He asked softly, "This can be an advantage." He commented.

I gazed up at the ceiling to think through what he just said, and it kind of started to make sense to my mind, I always forgot I was to get near Alex and tempt him. Instead, I almost blew away my chance because of my ignorance.

"Think like this." Vernon instructed, "Your job is to knock at Alex's heart and wait until he opens the door and go inside as soon as he opens the door and... boom, break it." He stated as if he was talking about breaking some cartoon's heart, which had no value. I swallowed my saliva as I continued to listen to him, "But, it's a lot easier now, instead of trying to knock at his heart's door and wait for him to open it for you, he already opened the door before you even knock." He sealed with a smile, "Now, if that's not your advantage, then what is?"

He was right, every word he said were right. I nodded solemnly as I took his words inside my head, "You're quite right-" I didn't complete my sentence as the sound of a door opening in the hallway disturbed our conversation, I quickly looked back and saw it was Alex's room which was ajar, "Go away, quickly." I demanded to Vernon, as he understood the situation and moved away in a haste.

Not many seconds later as Vernon was out of sight, Alex walked out from his room, I stood a little bit straighter as his eyes landed on me. "What took you so long?" He demanded as he made his way towards me, I swallowed, "Nothing but my pride." I answered with the best excuse that rolled up in my mind, pride was a good excuse.

He halted in front of me, looking at my eyes with his sharp and potent eyes, for a split second, I was almost worried his eyes would be able to look through my eyes and discovered every bit of lies it holds, even to the darkest corner.

For a moment I thought he was going to say something but he simply shook his head as he took my suitcase in hands and pulled it with him. "We have to go somewhere, make haste." Alex continued to talk as I stood there helplessly, thoughts circling my bare mind, he stopped and turned to gazed at me, "Are you coming or you need me to piggyback you?"

I quickly shook away all the futile thoughts that curled up inside my mind like a storm and started walking with him towards our room. Our room.

As soon as Alex closed the door behind me, one thought forthwith came to my mind, were we suppose to share the same bed?

Oh, no. I was not ready to share a bed with a man who had always looked at me with hunger in his eyes, I instantaneously try to search for the bedroom to check if there were two sperate bed, but to my unfamiliarity with the room, it was hard to find where the bedroom was, the first room I opened turned out to be a bathroom, with a bathtub and shower intoxicatingly clean, at least that could be counted as my advantage, everything was tremendously clean.

I sighed desperately to search the other room. "If it's beds, you're thinking about, there's plenty." Alex spoke from behind me, I looked at him, how did he always managed to get a hold of exactly what I was thinking about, "How does this room have so many other rooms?" I asked, unable to figure out how Alex's room was so different from that to Toni's or others.

"As I told you, this is the biggest room from all the three hotels." He started saying as he took an apple that was on the table, "This room is practically made for people who came here with business purposes, and that is why, unlike other rooms, this room consisted of different rooms inside of it, so that business men can freely entertain their guest in this sitting room inside, or other rooms as they may please." He took a bite from the apple he was holding.

After I thought about it for a second, I opened my mouth to speak, "So does that mean, this room is so big that we can stay together and never even see each other?"

He eyed me, "Yes..." Then his mouth slowly formed a satisfying smirk, "But don't worry, that won't happen, I plan to keep you within my sight for every second."