Chapter - 44

The cold wind brushed all around me as echo of screams danced around my ears, I stood there, as hundreds of emotions flashed through me, to try and describe what I was feeling at the moment with mere words was just impossible, though my biggest bet would be hope. The hope to see him unharmed, or the hope just to see him alive again. My heartbeat had a race of its own as if the real race was not enough, and I failed miserably at trying to calm my heartbeat down. It was a whole new feeling I had never felt before, I was novice and I had no idea of why or how long I was going to feel like this, it was surreal and I don't even know if there even was an explanation for it.

I chewed my bottom lip as I look at the line from where the drivers came out of their race car, I didn't dare blink away for even second in the fear that I might miss his coming out moment. Just as the crowd's screams and noise gotten louder, his gaze catches mine, and I can't help the smile that rolled up to form in the corner of my lips, and it was even harder to help the joyous feeling I felt inside my heart. His eyes were as bright as the crystal sky, his aura a living thing, shimmering in the air between us like the air above the black rocks on a blazing summer sky.

He smiled, and if I hadn't known better, I would probably guess that a new terrible idea had come to delight him but now his smile caused my heart an immense exhilaration and the idea that I once thought that whenever he smiled, I would think that he was plotting some evil just seemed absurd.

He walked up to me as he held me in his arms like castle tightly, I imagined his arms as castle not because they were hard, but because it made me felt safe, safer than anywhere especially at the very moment. I buried my whole face in him as his arms tighten around my back and stroke my hair gently as he whispered, "Missed me?" I let his questions hang in the air as drinking songs sung above us, screams and whispers everywhere in the cold air, echoing around us like rain.

I faintly broke the hug as I tried chiding him for being stupid enough to race in a weather like that and making me sick worried but my words were all stolen as I set my eyes upon his, and once more, I felt chained to him as I did the very first time I made eye contact with him. His gaze locking me with what felt like the heaviest magic spelled chain in the world, his warm breath poured over to me as the sweetest fragrance, he slightly opened his mouth but then he waved his hands around, dismissing whatever he was about to say. I took that as a chance to free myself from the heating moment that burn us both and said the most preposterous thing I could dig up from my mind, "It's a shame that no amount of black could make you look more like a teacup!"

His mouth formed a smile, "A teacup?" He repeated my words and I myself didn't know where they came from. "If I'm a teacup, then what are you? A beautiful hand that holds me to her mouth?" He twisted my words and bend down to lower his head to the level of mine but was stopped before his lips reached mine by Levi's drunkard voice. "Here's to our all-time champion!!" He held out his arm with his bottle of whiskey as the whole crowd joined him and cheered to Alex.

"Enjoy." Alex simply declared to Levi, ignoring all the other people who congratulated him as a lock of his hair casually flipped across his forehead. "Let's go." He suddenly whispered to me and I doubted my ears for a split second, "What?" I asked him.

"You heard me." He grabbed my arms, "Go where? Alex, the celebration is for you." I tried him with reason, "I'm not interested in celebrating with a bunch of strangers," He bent down to my ears and whispered, "I'd rather celebrate with you alone." He faintly put a kiss on my neck as he went back up to meet me in the eye, but a very slim faint of his lips on my skin was more than enough to burn me out all over my body. "Well, would you rather we stay here in this environment of crazy noise?" He smirked, knowing I hate noise more than anything. I bit the side of my inner cheeks to help me from smiling but then eventually gave in. I nodded as he gladly took me my by arms and headed away from the crowd.

We passed numerous people as we were moving away, even though people would notice Alex's absence in a matter of time, Levi and Simon were still there and people would stay as long as there were people sober enough to run the party.

We walked into the clam and peaceful road after several minutes had elapsed, it was indeed wonderful to finally have some quiet after an extreme dose of screams. I let the cold wind brush me as I closed my eyes dreamily. I exhaled loudly as I felt Alex's lips on my shoulders and his hands crawled around my tummy and deliberately embraced me from behind, it would have been wonderful to be able to have him forever like this.

Then I shot my eyes open as the second cold brush of air on my face awaken me of the impossibility of having Alex forever. I blinked, to try and starve off the terrifying possibility of wanting a forever with a man I consciously agreed to break apart. "Would you hate me?" I very dearly regretted the words I spoke out the second it left my mouth but I could not seem to control my lips, "If I did something terrible?" I shivered inside my heart, at the thought of Alex hating me, though I was sure with the very inch of my life that he would more than hate me if he ever finds out the horrible truth.

"There could never be a circumstance which would dim my absolute adoration for you Andrea, hating you would be an impossible task." He sealed that with a kiss on my cheek and made me turn to look at him. He smiled at me and his mere admiring gaze upon me shook away all my worry once more. I still had months, I could figure something out before then, I told myself.

I sighed and look around to break away from his strong gaze before I do something so stupid like kiss him and regret it bitterly after. The sweetest honey in this whole world could never be simply enough to measure how sweet the kisses he delivered to me were, there's a sense of longing and tenderness and lust and love in every of the kisses he gave me, but as much as I enjoyed receiving his kisses, I always felt like I've stolen something from him. Those kisses, so sweet, so pure, and true, would he had delivered it to me if he knew the truth? Not in the slightest sense, and I was always left with a little bit of guilt whenever they were delivered to me but I never was able to reject them either.

"I know that tree!" I exclaimed loudly, pointing my finger toward the big tree that's in the opposite road, "Yeah?" Alex laughed, I nodded enthusiastically as I ran across the road and stopped at the middle, "I don't remember anything else but while I was young me and my parents visited Montana and we drove past this particular tree, and I remember it because it was so big and as a little girl it intrigued me." I told Alex as I glance at the big tree in admiration, it looks the same as when I was but a young girl. I turned to look at Alex and found him staring at me, as if I was a glass which needs to be hold with extreme care or I would break into pieces.

Suddenly his happy eyes changed into a worried one, why did he look worried? And why was he suddenly running towards me in that kind of hasty manner? I could not figure out, it was only a matter of seconds. The next thing I felt was a bright light, I can't even look at it as it hurts my eyes terribly, then I felt myself being pushed into the side road and I fell down harshly.

The next thing I heard was a loud crash and the bad feeling I had at the beginning of the night all came back, as if they never left in the first place, only to become hidden so that they could be tossed out from wherever it was that they were hidden, only very more frightening and extreme and there was nothing I want more than to be in Alex's embrace, to feel safe.

Wait, Alex?

Where is Alex?