Chapter - 13

Been over a week since I started giving tuitions to Alex and I figured he was actually good in Math and I don't really understand why he think he needs tuition, I am sure he could do it very well on his own. I did not tell my mates anything about how Alex drove me home last week, the most surprising thing was he knew where I was living.

I wanted to avoid any type of conversations so I put on my Air Pods and listened to some old jams to cheer my heart up, I did not hear the rain as my ears were filled with 90's love song, but I could see that the rain was pouring like crazy, and I also witnessed there was thunder, if Alex had not forcefully drove me home, what would happen to me? I thought to myself, there was no way I was walking home under that ridiculously heavy rain, will I just stand in a shed and wait for the rain to be gone? I really don't have any idea, since I had something to catch up on, I was back home on time since Alex drove me home, I was kind of already asleep when we reached home, Alex woke me up, it was still raining, more heavily than before, I numbly thank him for his benevolent act of dropping me home while I was a stubborn ass. And it was only after I read a book that night when I realized he knew where I was living when I don't tell him any of the address details.

I asked him how he knew where I was living the next day and he told me that I gave him the address details before I dozed off to sleep, but no, I was sure I did not give him any details. It was weird.

Ashlynn asked me to shop with her today and I was waiting for her at my house, she was always late for everything, it was because she always needs to change her outfit every time she was ready to go. I swear, she always changed into at least five to six clothes before going back to her first option.

"Ashlynn's here." I heard my Mum's voice from downstairs, and I ran down in a haste.

"What took you so long?" I whispered as we paced towards the door, "I could not find the black top I want." She answered me.

"Okay, Mum, we're going." I shouted before we went out, then she walked out from the kitchen to look at us, she smiled and said, "Come home before your dad does." I nodded as we walked out.

"Goodbye, Mrs. Devona." Ashlynn waved off.

The sky was clear, it was as if the sky was happy that we went out, it was pretty, Ash and I gossiped about ridiculous stuff as we walk hand in hand, we decided not to use any vehicle and walk together while exploring the city together, and honestly it was great, before we went to our final destination, which was a mall, we stopped by a park to gaze at the children playing, I felt good to see such youngsters playing, their hearts were so beautiful. There was no evil plot or any scheme going on between any of them. They were just having fun together, laughing as if there was no trouble at all in life.

"Let's go before we waste too much time watching children play." Ash suggested, as we move towards the mall we were supposed to go at. Ashlynn was never a big fan of kids, she even said that she doesn't wish to have kids because she hates their crying or ridiculous irrelevant wails. But I'm sure she's going to have kids someday, I'm just waiting for that day to come and tell her how wrong she is.

Kids are a blessing, and it must be such a blessing to have a kid of our own, Ashlynn's opinion and my opinion about this very topic is entirely different so we never really talk much about it. But to be honest, we don't really need to, we were just in our seventeens, there was no need to talk about kids, the thought made me laugh.

"What's so funny?" She asked me as we walked inside the mall, "Huh? Nothing, now let's go." I said cheerfully.

We spent entirely three hours inside the mall, visiting every part of the mall, and Ashlynn bought a lot of things, as my thoughts were to buy more books and not clothes yet, I did not buy anything but that was until the moment we decided to go home since it's dawn already, and before we passed through the first shop beside the entrance, I saw the most beautiful dress inside the mall. "Ashlynn, look there, right there." I pointed my fingers towards the sky-blue dress that was hanging inside a store.

"That's so beautiful." She agreed with my thought. "Come on, let's try it on you."

Then we went inside the store giggling, she was so happy that I finally found a dress that I like, she sat at the chair inside the store as I went inside a changing room.

I look at myself in the mirror and was by far impressed by the reflection of me, it was as if that dress was particularly designed for me. I smiled with a warm feeling and went out to pay for the dress. So good I agreed to give tuitions to Alex, I now have spare money to spent for whatever I like, my parents knew I give tuitions, when I first broke out the news, they could not quite give me their approbation but I persuaded them, telling them that it was only for one hour for three days a week, plus we were supposed to do it in a school, so a lot of students are still there too, and as they thought it must be a good experience for me, they finally gave me their full permission.

I went to the cashier and give him the dress, "You like it, Miss?" I nodded smiling, "Yes, it's awesome."

"I'm sure it fits well on a beautiful girl like you." He smiled with a charm, and I thanked him as I paid.

Ashlynn stood up as I walked towards her, I immediately noticed her glum look, "What's wrong?" I asked, she hesitated a moment, "Ann, I have to go." She said solemnly, "There is an emergency at home, but don't worry, it's not that bad, but it's kind of urgent."

"Is there anything I can help with?"

She shook her head as soon as I asked, "Don't worry about it, I'll handle it." She smiled at me and I nodded as she left, "Take care." I shouted behind her as she waved at me.

I slowly made my pace to towards the exist, Ash ran so I did not even see a glimpse of her anymore, whatever happened might be extra urgent for her to leave in such a haste, I hope she is alright.

I stood next to the exist and look at outside to stare at the rain falling heavily, I sighed, why must the rain fall every time I forgot an umbrella? The sky was clear and pretty this morning, I never thought it would suddenly rain like this.

I stood there for a moment, trying to figure out what to do, I can't just walk home in the rain, only if my Mum allow me to use a taxi, my problem could be solved but due to her bad experience in a taxi, she never allows me to use a taxi since I was a young girl.

"Devona." I heard a familiar voice behind me, I looked back to find who was calling me.

A man, in a leather jacket, he wore a black hoodie under his jacket and he was standing like an electric tower, his figure was familiar, I can see a spite of his hair under his hood, I could not figure out who he was exactly as he wore a mask.

"Who are you?" I asked as he took down his mask.

"Alex? What are you doing here?"