Chapter - 39

"Andrea, Andrea!!" My name never sound so much better than now, I heard someone's voice in a distance, endlessly calling out my name, and I wanted to respond, but I could not find my voice, it was as if I had sold my voice and no matter how much I wanted to respond to the person calling out for me, the harder I tired, the more I suffered.

The only thing I could see was pitch-black and the only thing I could feel was a shivering cold, I felt like the hurting cold ice ate through my body as it was getting harder and harder to breath as seconds elapsed.

Where was I? In hell?

But hells supposed to be burning hot instead of cold, is it not? Or was I at a modified hell? I always knew that I had innumerable thoughts and it seemed like that counted too even when I was kind of unconscious. I could not feel any parts of my body and yet, I could feel every little thought of mine that passed through my mind as if they were spoken out through a microphone.

It's a bizarre feeling to describe how I could feel all my surroundings, yet not my own body. I could feel the wind whooshing and the sound of leaves falling down from the trees, humans in a conscious mind would not even care to address the sound of leaves falling down from the trees, they would consider it quiet, but now as I laid in the ground full of ice with my body heavy as a truck, the leaves falling down from the trees was not quiet at all, it was like an old lady who unwrapped sweets in a cinema hall, thinking no one noticed the sound.

The sound of my name became more and more distant, I wanted to scream, to shout that I was here, but I could not.

"ANDREA!!"

I'm here, I'm here, please don't leave.

I heard a big slam from my left side, I did not know if my good hearing was a blessing or not at the moment, what if some animals came to eat me and I could hear all their snarling yet could not do anything about it? That would be the worst way to die possible. Wait, I still could not even wrap my head around the word 'die'

"Shit, Andrea, Andrea." It felt as if life was coming back to me second by second as I felt my body shaking ceaselessly.

And then I felt a hard and warm chest surrounding my head, there was no words to describe how much I loved that warm, I wish it never be taken away from me.

"You can't leave like this!" The person who buried my head into the warm chest yelled.

The next few things that happened was so quick and sudden that I barely had time to wrap my senses about it.

I felt the warm, and I felt like I was being lifted up from the ground, and I felt like I was on a running roller coaster and then the next thing I felt was a complete warm. I felt like I was in a house where hot air conditioner was running forever, I almost forgot what warm felt like.

Then I felt like the heavy water that surrounded me was being flown away from me as the clothes I was wearing was ripped away from my cold body and no seconds later, it was as if the warmest blanket in the world hugged me.

I knew I lost minutes, maybe even an hour, because all the things I had felt before were all gone and now, I was feeling a whole other thing, warm, peace of mind, and air of calmness.

This time I tried opening my eyes and it actually worked, but painfully and slowly. I almost wished I'd never open my eyes again given the pain it cost to open them.

"Andrea, are you awake?" I heard the same voice that spoke to me before, only that this time, the voice sounded oddly familiar. I struggled as I tried to move my body, under tons of pressure and pains, I did move my body to find myself in a car.

Wait, I was in a car?

The dead-worried face that hung beside me was the next best thing I noticed in the warm car, which almost felt like heaven.

"Al..ex?" My voice broke as I spoke. I could not measure up the amount of astonishment I was in when I saw the person next to me was Alex.

He quickly offered me water to drink, and he helped me sit straighter as I drank the water that felt like the most wonderful thing my throat could feel at the moment.

"Thank you." I mumbled, as I noticed Alex's hand on mine, his body warmth was so welcoming, "I almost died." I whispered, and it felt more like I was telling that myself.
"I will never let you die while I'm still breathing." His soft and soothing voice was not like one I had ever heard before, his words rolled out of his mouth as a cloud and it holds a great amount of tender and care. Suddenly, tears started screaming down from my eyes as a volcano eruption taking place and no matter how much I tried to stopped them, the more they fell.

For a fucking piece of shit was I crying? Because I almost died? Because I was so close to never opening my eyes again? Because the aching cold was finally gone from my body? I did not even know the reason, but my tears just would not stop.

I loathe crying in front of humans in general, even with my parents, or any breathing being, if I cried, I prefer to be in my room, with curtains closed, door locked, and literally with no soul. And Alex was one of the last persons on Earth I would like to be with when crying.

It was solely because of him that I was still breathing, maybe I should thank him for his noble benevolent act of saving me instead of crying like an old woman who had lost her fake teeth and was weeping uncontrollably.

"Hey...y" He stammered, "Stop crying." He avoided looking into my eyes as he swiftly shifted away.

I closed my eyes as the tears streamed down from my eyes, and it was only after Alex was out from the car that I noticed his absence, I guessed he was giving me space.

"What am I supposed to do?" I heard Alex's careful whispering tone, I sniffed as I listened more intensively.

"She's crying and I don't know what to do when girls cry!" Alex sounded pissed and worried, "You have been with lots of crying women, Lev, tell me what to do."

Oh, this boy. He was trying so hard, and a soft giggle escaped my mouth. After a moment or two, Alex got inside the car and shut the door, as he muttered, "Um..." He still avoided my contact which was new, because he never did, he was always craving for our eyes to meet but at this moment, he was trying so hard not to meet my gaze, however he slowly reached out to my hands, "Everything is going to be fine." He mumbled.

He must not realize how loud he whispered and that I witnessed everything he said over the phone. He was still trying endlessly to be relevant with, as he phases a 'crying woman'

"It's okay, I know you talk to Levi-"

"Shit." He touched his forehead, "I'm sorry, I'm just so bad with- I'm just bad at soothing someone who cries." He let out a big sighed, "I just want to be helpful-"

"You are." I held his hands tighter, "And thank you." I swiftly glanced around and asked, "But aren't we going back?"

He hesitated for a moment, "That is...umm" He looked at me, "I was in a haste when I move out so I didn't have time to take my car so I stole this-"
I cut him off, "Wait, you stole this car?" I giggled, "Yes, it was right in front of the building, and the key was inside, but I'm giving it back." He assured me.

"But the problem is, there's no petrol anymore."

"You mean, we're basically stuck here?" I asked as he nodded, I let out a big sigh but this was fine, at least the car was warm and I felt safe, with Alex beside me. "Don't worry, Simon or Levi will be coming to get us." He said as the conversation kept going, and it was nice. Talking even felt nice now after my almost brush with death.

"If we're here based on different circumstances, this view is pretty cool, I mean, if it's not me getting lost or you saving me, just if, we're here on purpose. This view is priceless."

"My father would have loved it." He said with a low voice that I almost had trouble hearing it. "Your father doesn't look that type of guy," I said then quickly corrected myself, "I mean, he just doesn't look like the adventure type of guy who would appreciate the view of nature-"

"My real father would have loved it!"