Chapter - 32

Even when I was willing to throw myself in a blade for Simon not to get anywhere near Ashlynn's heart, what can I do when Ashlynn herself let him in? I sighed at the thought of the next few months when Ash would not want to leave bed and cry herself to sleep while listening to the same song for 10 hours straight. Unquestionably that was bound to happen if Ash gave her heart away in this trip, which I was sure, she was going to. She had been waiting for something like this for almost her whole life, and even if she knew she was going to get heartbroken, she'd still let him break her heart. The best way I know how to put it into words was, he was the fire, but she still wants him to burn her.

The whole ride had been pretty exciting that I'd admit. Not a feeling of fear, or worry but rather calmness and doubt was hanging inside Alex's gorgeous blue Ferrari. As Sir Philip predicted, we'd drive probably the whole day to reach our destination, why would our school board choose somewhere that was so far away? There were many places, nearer than this where we could have a trip.

Suddenly, as the wind brushed over my face, waves of shame hit me. The reason why I agreed in the last minute to accept Alex's ride was because of the deal I made, but thinking about it, even if I didn't agree to it, Alex would still find a way to get me into his car. He was determined he was going to drove me this time, with my suitcase being on his Ferrari's front trunk, and Simon leaving us to take care of Ashlynn as I called after him like a crazy monkey, "Don't you dare step anywhere near her." I shouted, as he left us with a sheepishly wave, I tried to run after him but I found myself being held back by Alex's firm grip, and as soon as our eyes locked, the feelings of any other person faded away from my thoughts, as if his gazed tossed it all out of the window.

"Don't worry, Simon sometimes maybe an ass, but he's a gentleman." Alex mumbled as he drove, the wind brushing his messy hair into different directions, giving him the chance to look like the hottest man of all time.

I wondered, sometimes. If we met at a different time, things would be different. I could not disagree with the fact that Alexander Bilimoria was surely, without a doubt, the most handsome man in the school, even though I never agreed to it in front of others, I could not fool my own self in trying to believe otherwise that he was not hot. However, being handsome was not his only good trait, he was wealthy too. Everything a girl could wish for in a boy. But that was just it. Even though he was the most handsome, richest man in school, the thought of him left me irritated. I was never the type to be swept away by someone's richest or looks. Actually, I myself didn't even know what type of thing in a man would sweep me off my feet, I never thought of any men as a dating material, but there was one thing that I knew, Alex was everything I don't want in a boy.

His personality, his ridiculous lifestyle, his unwelcoming eyes, his dark vibes, everything that he was, exasperated every cell in my entire body. And now, for the sake of the deal I made, I found myself sitting beside Alex in one of his ridiculously posh cars, listening to him as he stated the most absurd thing in the world.

Simon, a gentleman? It was the biggest universal lie, everyone in the school knew that, even Ashlynn knew that. Simon, was nothing related to a gentleman. Did a gentleman ever break up with two different girls in one week? No, but Simon did. Did a gentleman ever make out with their ex's best friend? No, but Simon did, and the list went on and on.

"Simon? A gentleman?" I almost laugh, "You don't even believe that yourself."

He raised one of his hands up to rearrange his hair that had been disturbing his face, "You don't know him." He stated, plainly. "And I'm not even interested to know him."

"Good." He spitted as I glanced over at him, and for a quick second, we had eyes contact which I quickly break because I wanted him to pay full attention to his driving. "You should not be interested in any other man." He added, and I could still feel his stare, but I chose to ignore it. "Who I'm interested in, is solely up to me." I shot back, and just as I finished spitting those words out, my phone buzzed, indicating that someone was calling me. Alex quickly looked at me and my movements as I reached for my phone which was at my bag pack that I put on my lap.

It would probably be Mum or Dad, asking how far we've gone. But my eyes grew big as I saw the ID which was showing at my phone screen. I gulped, what a wrong timing, it would not be good if Alex get a hold of who was calling me, so I took the call and pretend, "Hi, Mum." I fake a smiled, Alex was still staring at me in between his driving, his expression showed that he was, indeed curious about the call. "Mum? Have you gone mad?" Gerald's high pitch voice echoed through my ears, "No, I'm fine, everything's good." I continued to carried on, Gerald had to understand why I acted like that, he had to. Or else, we were on the verge of blowing everything up.

If Alex knew it was Gerald who called me, what excuse would I made? For I was sure Alex knew Gerald, and I believed his memory of him would not be a fond one. "What has gotten into you?" Gerald amazed tone answered me, "Yes, yes I'll call you as soon as we reach the place, take care." Then I cut the call abruptly, while quickly putting my phone on silent so that even if Gerald stupid ass called me again, it won't destroy anything.

"Your mother?" Alex muttered, like a whisper. I nodded, "She's just checking up on me." I assured him, hoping he'd not ask any other questions.

"Does she know you're with me?" He asked, and I gave him a pointed look, did he seriously think I would tell my mother that the biggest schmuck in the school forced me to had a ride with him, "No."

"Too bad." He gawked at me, looking as if he was disappointed for not telling my mother that I was with him, "Excuse me, do you seriously think I'll tell my mother that you practically force me to leave my bus and drive with you?" I protested, disturbed by the tiny smirk he had on his mouth.

"In my opinion, she should be more than happy to find you're driving with someone who is interested in you." He eyed me as he went on, "To which, my feelings for you is of no secret, and she'd be actually grateful to know you're in the care of someone who wants what's best for you than being with some insufferable moron."

An insufferable moron? Did he mean Vernon? "What a bunch of ridiculous joke." I commented, irritated by the fact that he'd regard the only one person who helped me in my time of need as "insufferable moron" while he himself was one intolerable jackass.

"The very person who thinks best of his actions may be rendered ridiculous by someone whose first object in life is a joke." He stated with a smug expression hanging on his face, he sure had one sharp tongue when he chose to use it, "Do you mean I regard life as nothing but a joke?" I shot back, ready to fight, "Might be," He sputtered, "Judging from the fact that you think my feelings for you is a joke."

Just because I think his feelings for me were a joke didn't mean I think life itself is a joke, "Are you seriously just full of yourself?"

He turned to looked at me and gave me a very blank expression, "No," This time his tone was calmer than ever before, "I'm not who everyone think I am, there are some serious thing I'm not proud of, for one, my temper which I dare not vouch for." I turned away to hide a small smirk that appeared on my lips, at least he knew he was cantankerous.

"But you must know, dear Andrea," This time there was a seductive smile on his lips, and for a moment I wondered if what my eyes witnessed was real, he smiled?

It was the first time I saw Alex smiled, and for a moment I wished I had a small jar so that I can pack his rare smile away and shove it inside and bring it wherever I go. I shook the thoughts away immediately as I realized his smile didn't change anything. It was rare, yes and a lot of people would consider me one lucky lass to witnessed something as infrequent as Alex's smile.

What was it about this man? Even when all the things he did disgusted me, there was a thin line of emotions that circled around inside my stomach, jumping up and down when he stared at me, or when he smiled. But I promised myself I would not let my emotions play with my head.
"There is some kind of a natural defect in every disposition, even someone you regarded as so pure hearted that you doubt they could kill a bug." His voice drew me back to the present my mind has deliberately left.

I sat a little straighter as I answered, "And your defect is to be the worst in everything."

"And yours, is to designedly misunderstand everything."